Chapter 28

Chapter 28

April’s POV

I have no idea why the hell these people are shouting. I mean can’t a girl get some sleep. But to wake up in Austin’s arms is nice though. I looked up at my sister and saw Austin’s mother on the ground gasping for breath, her guards dead and my sister’s eyes were black. I groaned and chanted a spell so that I could float, knowing that my legs were not going to be working.

“What the hell happened?” I asked my sister as I pulled on her.

“You have been knocked out for five months now. Austin has not left your side since I set you in the bed. His mother on the other hand as willing to pull to plug on you. We had you on life support and I thought that you were dead. She then admitted that she thought that the reason why Austin was willing to marry you was because you are a witch. She thought he was going to use you for your power and then kill you.”

I tilted my head and looked at his mother, who was now getting up. “Is that true? You were only going to use me to gain the throne. If it weren’t for the fact that Victor’s family was evil I would not have helped. But you woman are a disgrace. I can’t believe you.”

“Now April… I was just thinking of my son. He comes first. When you have your own children then you will understand.”

“But you almost took away that right. You tried to kill me. How can I forgive you for that?” Marissa was about to launch at her again but I held her back. “Oh no sister. We will not stoop down to her level. She will learn her lesson in another way. I will handle her. I will not harm her but she will be sent away for a few years. I will send you away after Tony is crowned. You may leave.”

“Austin, surely you won’t let her do this to your mother. I raised you. I have been there for you.”

He shook his head and pulled me close to him. “You bought this onto yourself. If you try and go to Tony, just remember that I am a witch. You have already pissed off one witch, don’t piss off the other.”

And with that Marissa sent her out along with her dead guards. When she was done she turned to me with a smile. “I have missed you dear sister. I thought I was going to lose it.”

“Well I’m here. Now can someone explain what happened to me? All I remember is killing that bitch.”

“Well after I healed you of the poison it had already started to course through you. I t didn’t kill you obviously but you were in a coma for a long time. I didn’t think that it would take you that long to heal and I was starting to lose hope. It’s not like I was going to kill you though. I would keep you on life support forever.”

I smiled and hugged my sister tightly. “Thank you so much dear sister. I’m happy that I have you and Austin here for me.”

“Yea. She has him pinned to the wall while the doctors turned off our machines.”

I rolled my eyes and leaned into Austin’s chest. “I’m happy that he was here for me and not willing to leave me like his mother desperately wanted.”