Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Damn, I can’t believe this is happening. I ran down an alley to escape the vans that were coming after me for some strange reason. I don’t know what they want from me but like any other smart girl; I wasn’t going to stick around to find out.

I reached a dead end to my small alley, groaning in frustration. I could hear them getting closer to me so I did the only thing that I could do. I jumped into a garbage bin, and thank goodness it was empty of any trash and it also didn’t smell. As I got quirt and still, I heard people’s footsteps and angry voices right outside my hiding spot.

“Where’d she go?” A deep voice said.

“I don’t know. We saw her run down this alleyway. She has to be here somewhere.” Another voice bellowed.

“Well some of you go down further. We’ll check if she’s in here somewhere.” The first voice commended. I heard the footsteps retreat and I sighed realizing my mistake. I immediately covered my mouth with both of my hands.

“Did you hear that?” The second voice asked.

“Yea, I think she’s in the garbage.” The lid flew open and I was yanked out.

“Looks like we found her Richard.” I started to kick the guy in front of me who I guessed was Richard and I head butted my captor. He groaned and I took off into a sprint down the alley. Just as I felt as though I was about to escape, there were more men to surround me. I groaned in frustration, knowing that I had lost. They looks that they had on their faces terrified me and if I moved a way they didn’t like, they may have killed me. Besides, I think they have a bad eye condition. Their eyes were red. It was either a bad eye condition or they were not human. Due to their obvious strong appearance, I’m going to go with not human. Oh great.

“Someone grab her and knock her out.” Hands grabbed at me and I knew I couldn’t do anything about it. I’m beyond terrified but I know I have to be brave, I kicked and screamed, and hoping someone in the nearby area would be able to help me. Just as I felt as though they were going to let me go, I felt a sting in my arm making my body grow heavy. “Go to sleep beautiful. We have big plans for you.”

Before I could question him, darkness consumed me.

*2 hours later*

My eyes flashed open as I shot off the mattress. I can’t believe they really knocked me out. I looked around my holding room, analyzing it for a chance to escape. The room had red walls and the mattress that I just got off of, no decorations or even sheets for the matter. I looked down at myself, sighing in relief when I realized that I still had my jeans and tank top on from earlier. This proves that no one tampered with my clothing and no one raped me. The only problem is that I have no idea where I am yet. I was about to inspect what appeared to be the front door of my capturing room, but it suddenly opened.

“Well are you going to stand there and stare at my beauty or are you going to tell me your name? If you do then I’ll explain why you’re here.”

I glared at this stuck up stranger. “April Violet. 17.”

“Very well April. You are here because your part of a slave trade. You will soon be sold to the highest bidder. The better you behave here, the faster you will be out of here. I can tell that you would rather not be here, so just be a good girl.”

“If you knew I was handful then why even bother kidnap me?” I asked as I analyzed the man before me.

“Well you are a beautiful young lady and we noticed that you did not have a family at home. We figured you would rather be taken care of than live alone like you did. You barely had anything.”