Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Darling are you okay? You seem a little distant. Is it because of that Austin character?" Victor smiled at me as he pulled me close to him.

I faked a smile. "Of course not my Prince. I'm just thinking of how grateful I am that you found me. I would have never found a way to get out of that forest and find a place to stay."

"Well out of the kindness of my heart I allowed you to stay. A woman of your beauty does not deserve to be out on her own."

 "Well I wasn't really on my own-"

"You were on your own." He interrupted. "Now this discussion is over. Let's go meet my parents."

I felt my blood run cold. There is something wrong here. Jenna, please explain what's happening.

It's his power mistress. He- Wait what happened? Her voice is gone. I looked back at her and her eyes held fear. Jasper looked scared also.

"Come on Kitten. It's time for us to get moving." Victor purred into my ear, causing me to melt into him.

"Yes darling." I was in a trance. Every nerve in my body obeyed his command. It was like my body was melting and made me submit to him. He guided me through the crowd until we met up with a couple that looked appeared as though he was a mix of both. I was still slightly in a trance so I wasn’t able to fully process people.

"Mother. Father. This is my lovely girlfriend April Violet. April this is my mother and father, the king and queen of the vampire kingdom."

"Well Lady Violet where is it that you hail from?" The queen asked me.

"I'm from the human realm." I answered with my head held high.

"Absurd. No female as beautiful as you can be born from that place. And my son surely wouldn't date filth from that realm either."

"Well I'm from the human realm. I was kidnapped and taken as a slave and your son here got me out of a forced engagement."

The queen looked at me shocked then turned to her son. "You wouldn't date a human and try to take over the throne with her now would you? Do you realize how much of a disgrace she would be to our family line? To our kingdom?"

"Mother she is different. She may have hailed from the human realm but she is a witch. The two shifters behind her are her conduits. She is a very powerful witch even though she's just discovered her powers. Of course she still has training to do." Victor smirked.

"Well now that changes everything. I'm sure your children will be very powerful. Be sure to only have one powerful child though. You only need one heir and children tend to get annoying."

"Well I love children. I don't think I'll just be having one you highness." I stated perplexed. Not everyone followed her views.

"Well I say you should only have one. They could end up fighting for the title even though the first born will be the one to get the throne."

"Well I would like to have more than one child. Why are we even talking about this? I'm not even sure that my relationship with Victor will last." I nearly shouted. I can feel my fingertips ooze with power. Elbow length gloves formed up my arms and my dress clung to my legs to form pants.

"Don't worry mother. We will only have one child. Well that is as long as the first born is a boy. If it's a girl then she will be executed and we will try for another. Now calm down April. We will stay together for a very long time and I will never let you go. Do you understand?"