Chapter 14

Chapter 14

“So what are we going to do now?” I asked Jenna as we all walked through the forest. My feet were starting to hurt.

“Well I think we’re in deep enough. We should set up camp right here.” She smiled.

“Right here? We’re in the middle of no where.” I pouted.

“With your powers we’ll be doing fine in no time. Just relax.”

I sighed and plopped down on the ground. It felt squishy and I nearly screamed. “Someone please tell me that I didn’t just sit in shit.”

Jazz laughed turning his head to the side. “It seems as though you have April.”

I let out a loud scream and shot up. “I have no other clothes. Is there a river near by, Jenna?”

“A few miles away. How about you go wash up and I’ll talk to Jazz about your training?”

“Sure.” I walked in the direction she pointed in and in a few minutes I found the river. I looked up stream seeing a majestic waterfall not too far from me. It looked so romantic. I took off my shorts and washed them in the river. I can’t believe my unlucky life. Only a few days and I’ve already ran away from the brothers. Is it wrong that I ran? Nope. It isn’t even my fault. I was protecting my family name. If people were wise they would learn to never cross me.

After my shorts were washed I looked down at the water. I wonder what kind of powers I have. Maybe I can move water. Hmmmm...

I looked down at the water, thinking of a water ball. The water bubbled a bit and rose about an inch over the water. I smiled and just like that, the ball fell. I guess I have to focus on it. I thought about the ball again, only on the shape and form. It rose over the water and set itself in the palm of my hand. I twisted it and ran it along the edge of my hand. The water went around my wrist like a vine. I squeezed my hand and the water froze. I smiled and watched it melt away as I looked it over. “Cool. Let’s see what else I can do.”

I looked at a rock and thought of having a bottle to drink from. I walked closer to the rock, my hand hovering over it. I watched as it crumpled into a small bottle. It looked pretty smooth. Hell it even had a bottle cap. I picked it up and filled up some water from the river for it. This is so awesome. Who would have thought that I could have such amazing powers?

By the time I got back, Jenna and Jazz set up a little camp already, when I caught their eyes everything just stopped. “Where did you get that bottle?”

“I made it Jenna. I was thinking about a bottle and thought of the figure inside of the rock. The rock started to crumble and this is what I got.” I smiled.

“Who would have thought that her powers would start developing so fast? I can understand when she’s angry but she’s able to control this without destroying anything.” Jenna stated.

Jazz only laughed. “Just wait until she is handling fire. The whole forest will be gone.”

I growled and took a hand full of water out the bottle with my power. With a quick thrust I dowsed Jazz in water. “I don’t think its right to tease someone that is more powerful than you, you’re lucky that I like you.”

“Well you can’t live without me; I am to be your protector while Jenna is your mentor. I will forever be by you side.”

“And that’s what makes you such an awesome friend.” I smiled.

“Can we start your training now April? I think it would be wise before your powers get too out of control.”

“But I can control my powers Jenna. Watch.” I held my hand over Jazz’s body and absorbed the water I threw on him. I took it and put it back into my bottle. “See I can control myself just fine.”