"It might be" he smiled. "Everybody knows that the Guardians aren't allowed to disclose that kind of information."

"Oh please" I rolled my eyes. I couldn't believe those girls were following for it.

"Lame" Thomas muttered under his breath. Ezra let out an irritated noise. I grasped his wrist.

"Chill" I told him. "Let him have his fifteen minutes of fame, next week a new story will be printed and a new Guardian will be on there."

"But" Ezra huffed. He lifted his lips in dislike at us.

Thomas and I grabbed him and dragged him to class. It was rather annoying to see others being named Guardians and especially see the attention they were getting. The worst part was that they weren't correcting the rumors. It was a big deal to be named a Guardian since they were the best and most powerful but seeing the gloating look on their faces was ridiculous. Part of me felt like correcting the rumors but the trouble we would get in would be worse.

Rima among others were seated around a giant table. It was room that we hadn't been in before. Byron and the other various trainers were also present.

"We have lots to discuss so take a seat" she pointed at the three empty seats across from them. My grandmother was absent from the meeting which probably meant she agreed with whatever they were going to tell us.

"As you all know the Duke has joined the Immortal's Counsel, we did everything we could to make sure that he wouldn't attain the seat but the other members were outnumbered." She shook her head in dislike.

"Well, why doesn't everybody know about what the Duke and Charles tried to do." Thomas asked, he crossed his arms across his chest. Ezra followed in suit with a twitch of his lips. I rolled my eyes at them both.

"It wouldn't be prudent to release that kind of information, we didn't tell the Ministry, or the King and Queen or even the Counsel about what happened. The king and Queen would be outraged that we were incriminating the Duke, the Counsel would outnumber us and the Ministry would stand alone in this. We have notified the Minister, and he is doing everything he can to help us without attracting the Counsel and the Royal families attention."

"So the Immortal's Counsel can't be trusted" Ezra unfolded his arm. "and probably part of the Guard members"

"Unfortunately" Ronald sighed heavily like if it pained him to admit it. "I'm going through my post, and I have my two best Guards searching for Charles but we have been told that he might be hiding out with the Warlocks."

"Of course" Thomas snorted. He looked annoyed with them. "What are we supposed to do, sit around and discover who we are."

"No" Rima shook her head. "Of course not, we are adding extra charms to provide you with protection. We currently have the best Wizards assisting the Guards who are searching for Charles. We are additionally amending your current protection." Rima put a similar necklace to the one I was wearing on the table. "You also have been given some leniency"

Dr. Nan snorted. He glowered at everybody in the room.

"We require that you Rank first in the first, second and last Ranks. It will help shift some of the suspicion on the Rankers. We are imposing an 10:30 pm curfew on all of you, and all off campus visits have been cancelled."

"What!" Ezra shook his head frantically. "No, that isn't fair. It isn't my fault that someone is trying to kill us that's on all of you." Ezra sat up in his chair. "I will not"

"It has been decided" Rima rolled her eyes. "Don't argue over it, we will reconsider for special events but otherwise your activities will be restricted" Ezra fell back in his chair with an irritated sound.