Chapter 33- Shadow On The Chase

Sonic jumped out of the gold ringed portal. "Where am I?" He looked around at the scenery. "This is Green Hill Zone," he said. "Looks like I'm back in the forest. I hope they didn't go that far."

He began running around. He then bumped into someone standing around, which made the two of them fall across from each other. "OOF!"

"Hey, Sonic," a hedgehog said to the blue blur.

"Shadow!" Sonic said. "I wasn't expecting to run into you here, like literally." He chuckled at the pun he made himself.

"What are you doing here?" The dark hedgehog asked him.

"Yeah, it's kinda of a long story. What are you doing here?"

"I was just taking a walk outside to get some peace to myself, until you ran into me." Shadow said. He was getting ready, for he was about to run off. "Anyways, I have to go--"

"STOP! SHADOW! WAIT!" Sonic called out to him, stopping him from making any further movement.

"What is it?" Shadow turned around. "Why did you stop me?"

"I could really use your help right now." Sonic said.

"Help for what?"

"I'll explain it to you on the way while we're running!" Sonic said. "Right now, we have to go catch some hedgehog thieves!" He took off into a chase.

Shadow shrugged to himself. "Looks like I have no choice but to go after him." He followed him.

-----

"So, we're after Scourge and Amy? Because they took the Master Emerald." Shadow said while he was running. "And without it, Angel Island will collapse from the sky as we are speaking right now?"

"Yeah." Sonic said. "That's why we have to hurry! Knuckles is only there with Tails on the island."

"Hmph," Shadow said. "If you say so."

Sonic stopped. "Shadow, we need to stop right here."

"Why do we need to stop right here?"

"It's because," Sonic took out the device and looked at the screen. "The tracking device says that Amy is in that abandoned building," he pointed to the building in front of them. "Right here. So they must have the Emerald somewhere inside."