Chapter 3- No Response

"You should go apologize to Amy." Tails said to Sonic.

"But Tails?" Sonic asked. "I think she's going to be alright. She's going to be okay and come back again, like always."

"What makes you say that?"

"Well for one." Sonic said. "I know she always returns the next day, after any embarrassing  situation. And she acts like nothing happened the day before. She usually laughs it off."

"But, Sonic." Tails said. "It's already been one day. You should go apologize."

"Fine." Sonic said. "I'll do it, since you keep on mentioning it." He ran to go to Amy's house.

Amy Rose's house was a beautiful sight to see. At the front yard, was a small garden of red and white roses put together--making a lovely combination of bright colors. It had  a  perfume-like scent of fresh blooming roses, just like her.

There was a wooden sign nearby that said, 'The House of Amy Rose'. The grass had never been so greener.

Sonic knocked on the door, "Amy."

No response.

He knocked again. "Amy. Are you there?"

He didn't hear a sound. He looked through the window and saw no one. "I guess.. she's not here?" He walked away.

In the moment he was walking away outside, Amy took a peek through the window and she had a frown on her face.

Unknown to Sonic, he had no idea he was being watched by her from afar.

She went to hide behind her front door inside her home. She slumped down against the door, making her sit down on the floor.

Tears ran down her cheeks. "Oh, Sonic. I can't believe this is the last time I'm going to see you." She said. "I don't want you to see me, like this."

"So, did you go apologize to her?" Tails asked, seeing Sonic come back home.

"Yeah." He nervously smiled. "About that." He put his hand out. "I went to see if she was home, and she wasn't there. She didn't even answer when I knocked on her door, several times."

"Oh, she's not there?" Tails said. "Maybe, she needs some time alone..to blow off some steam with that hammer of her's? Because you know, this is Amy I'm talking about."

"Yeah, maybe." Sonic imagined Amy swinging her hammer back and forth.

"Well, I think it's best you check up on her in a few days."