Chapter 4- Gone At Last

"Mom." Cream walked into the kitchen and looked up at her mother, with begging eyes. "Can I please call Amy? I'm really worried about her, since that day I told you that Sonic hurt her feelings. I haven't heard from her in a while, and I haven't seen her in some days."

"Sure, Cream." Vanilla had a spoon and was spinning batter into a bowl. "You can go ahead and give her a call, if that would make you feel better."

"Thanks, Mom," said Cream with an adorable smile. She ran to go pick up the yellow house phone that was in the center of her living room.

"I'm going to call Amy, to see if she answers, because I want to see if she is okay, Cheese."

"Chao-chao!" Cheese observed Cream.

Cream dialed numbers back and forth by putting her finger into the circle of each designated number. "Hello, Amy?"

"Are you there?" The house phone rang in Amy's house, but no one picked it up. "It's me, Cream."

NO ANSWER.

"Awww. That's odd." Cream put the phone back down. "Amy isn't answering her phone. And she usually does." She walked back to the kitchen, with the blue chao that flew by her followed her. "Something's not right, Cheese. I can feel it."

"Choo-choo!" Cheese said.

"Mom," Cream said.

"Yes, Cream-sweetie." Vanilla said. "What is it, dear? How did your call on the phone go?"

"It didn't go good." Cream said. "Amy didn't answer the phone. I sense that something terrible has happened to her!" She said. " I'm so worried! Is it okay, if I go see if she's at her home now?"

"Yes, sure." Vanilla patted her daughter's head. "Don't worry, everything will be okay." She said. "You can bring these carrot cupcakes to Amy, if you'd like." She gave her a small wooden basket  that had three cupcakes in it.

"Oh, and don't forget to bring Cheese with you." Vanilla took off her apron. "I wouldn't want you to go out there alone. It's safer to bring a friend along with you."

"Thank you, Mom," Cream took the basket and Cheese followed her.

"Please be careful, Cream! Get back safely, my dear!" Vanilla shouted. "I love you!"

"I'll promise to be careful. And I'll get back safely. And I love you too, Mom! Bye!" Cream said before closing the door to her home and running off into the outside world of Mobius.

"And off to Amy's house.. we go, Cheese." Cream said, walking carefully.

~~~~~
"Hey, look!" Cream pointed to a peaceful home. "We're finally at Amy's house! We made it!"

"Chao-chao!" Cheese said to Cream.

"And now to go to inside to see if she's there." Cream knocked on the door first. "Hello? Amy, are you there?"

"Choo-choo!" Cheese knocked on the door too.

"Hmm.." Cream said. "There's no answer." She said. "I think we should check to see if the door is open." She said. "Amy, if you're in there. I'm coming in. I hope you don't mind, and I'm sorry that I'm barging in like this..."

She opened the door slowly and took a peek. "As your friend, I'm just really worried about you and am concerned about how you are doing." She closed the door behind her, and continued walking inside as Cheese tagged along to keep her company as he usually does.

Cream and Cheese looked around. The house lights weren't even on inside. The only lighting there was, was from the daylight that showered through the glass windows. "Amy?"

The living room was empty.

"Are you there?" Cream went into the kitchen. Still no sign of Amy.

"Chao-chao!" Cheese had checked some other rooms and hadn't found Amy either.

"Amy's not in those other rooms, Cheese?" Cream asked.

Cheese shook his head as a response to indicate that there was no trace of her left.

"Oh my," Cream said. "Well, there's one room we haven't checked. And that's her room." She opened the door to the bedroom that had pink painted walls.

"Amy?" Cream said again.

Cheese opened up some drawers. "Cheese, what are you--"

"Chao-chao!" Cheese pointed to the inside of the drawer and opened another one.

Cream gasped. "You're right, Cheese! These drawers are empty. She must of taken all her belongings and her clothes."

Cheese closed the drawers. "But why would she pack up her stuff and--?" Cream looked around and saw a handwritten letter that laid on the top of Amy's velvet bed. And there lied a red rose on top of the letter.

"What's this?" She picked up the letter with one of her hands. She read it. Being in shock from what was written on it, caused her to drop the basket of cupcakes. "Oh, my!"

Cream's eyes were watery. "Amy is gone, Cheese!" She began crying. "And she's never going to--" she broke into more sobs.