Chapter 24- A Sunken Feeling

Amy went alone in her room at Scourge's place. She layed down on her bed and stared up at the ceiling. She started to go deep into her thoughts. 'I wasn't expecting that hedgehog to be Sonic that had the same mask as Scourge, so it was hard for me to tell. It looked like he wanted to tell me something?'

She quickly sat back up on her bed when she realized something. 'Oh my gosh! That hedgehog that I was dancing with earlier was Sonic!? No wonder, I felt comfortable being around in his essence and my intuition felt like I was already familiar with him. But how could that be? What does that even mean?'

-----
"

You saw Amy and Scourge at the party?" Tails said to Sonic.

"Yeah, I did."

"But what were they doing there?"

"I don't know. But they were most likely about to go stir some trouble, but didn't when I bumped into them."

"That sounds about right."

"I need to go find Amy again." Sonic said.

"Why? It's not like she's going to listen to you." Tails said. "Since you're the one that hurt her feelings in the past."

"Yeah, I know." Sonic said. "But I have to keep on trying. And try to convince her. And bring her back to us." He said. "Because who else will?" He stared at Tails. "I for sure know that no one else will. So, I may as well go out trying."

"I guess you're right." Tails said. "But how else would we find her? Where would we even start at?"

"You're right." He said. "We might need some help?"

----
Amy got up from her bed and said to herself, "My house!" She suddenly remembered that she hadn't been back to her house in a long time. She wanted to go back there just to see it, even if she knew that it may bring back any painful memories from her past heartbreak with Sonic.

She said to herself, "I haven't been back there in a long time." She  opened up the door to her room slowly, so that it wouldn't make a lot of noise. She whispered under her breath. "I hope Scourge doesn't notice that I'm gone since I'll be going over there." She took a peek in the hallway with looking at both sides and saw no one there.

After she closed the door to her room, she flinched when she heard a voice behind her. "Going where?"

She turned around and saw Scourge. "S-Scourge! You startled me!"

"Where are you going, Amy?"

"Oh, me?" Amy gave out a nervous smile. "I'm just going to go out for a walk. That's all. It's no big."

"Oh, alright. But please be careful and try not to get spotted by Sonic and his friends. And make sure that no one sees you, because we don't want them finding our location or finding us--for that matter." Scourge said. "And you better be back."

"Alright, I will." Amy said. "I will be back."

---
After she walked out of the base, she was walking into the forest by herself. She said to herself. "I can't believe that I lied to Scourge, telling him that I'm going out for a walk. When really, I'm just going to my old house that I abandoned years ago. But I know I had to do that, because he's really strict on those sort of things. I knew he wouldn't of let me go if I told him I was going to my house."

She put her hands out. "It had to be done." She then stopped at her tracks when she saw that she was at the front yard of her house. "I'm here. My house."

She was in shock because her house looked different. "The flowers." She picked up a rose and it fell over as it was wilted. "They're all wilted and dead. It doesn't look happy here anymore. It's like it all faded away when I left." She got back up and entered her house.

There wasn't much lighting in her house since the lights weren't on. But there was enough with the regular daylight coming inside. She looked around, remembering what her surroundings looked like.

She walked straight into her room and saw how she left it. "Everything is just how I left it, on the day I left Sonic and everybody else." She saw that her picture frame of her and Sonic was still on the floor. It was all broken and shattered into glass pieces from when she threw it at her emotional outburst.

She sat down on top of her bed and saw the love letter and wilted rose she had left for Sonic years ago. She picked it up and read it in her mind.

When she was done reading it, she put it down. She suddenly felt a sunken feeling at the bottom of her stomach. She was feeling her past heartache all over again.

She was feeling the reason why she had left in the first place. It was all because of Sonic.