1

Jess's PoV
I wake up early in the morning to get ready for school, I put on the shitty uniform and I go downstairs to see my mum and brother Danny sitting at the table, we don't speak, my mum hates me and my brother since my dad left. He left when I was 10 and Danny was 12 and she's blamed us ever since. Me and my brother are really close though he's been the father figure to me, he taught me to fight, he taught me boys aren't good enough for me. Which is why I don't get with guys. The only guys I've ever had in my life are my brother and then the 2 boys who used to be my best friends, Max and Harvey Mills. But I don't speak to them anymore high school changed them, we were still best friends at the beginning of year 7 and then Max got popular and became a "bad boy" people like to call him. Harvey... well Harvey just doesn't speak anymore in fact I don't think I've heard him breath a word in the last 4 and a half years, he lives in his brothers shadow, I feel sorry for him because no one wants to talk to him because of his brother. I'd talk to him but every time I've tried he's pushed me away, I have my own friends now anyway Kimber and Ayla I mean yes I do have other friends but these two girls are my best friends. I walk out of the door and head to school and suddenly someone comes crashing into me.
Jess- *falls to the ground* hey! *she looks up and sees its Harvey* Harvey?
Harvey- *just looks at her and nods his head before getting up and scuttling off*
Jess- *to herself* nice to see you too Harvey *she mutters*
Kimber- hey! Who was that?
Ayla- isn't he the quiet kid you used to chill with for like half of year 7?
Jess- funnily enough I've known him since we were born
Kimber- but that means you know Max. They're twins! *she exclaims*
Ayla- how did we not know this we have been best friends with you for 4 and a half years and we have never once fallen out with each other may I add *she says proudly*
Jess- because you guys never asked me. You guys have never had a reason to ask me because nothing like this has ever happened before. They both try to avoid me at all costs. Well. It's either that or Max is shouting things at me when we do gym in PE
Kimber- really? I always thought he had the hots for you and you just kept turning him down because of his bad boy reputation
Jess- *laughs really loud* you think Max Mills has the hots for me?! That could never happen!
*just then a group of boys walk past and one of them shouts "don't be too sure!"*
Ayla- now which one of them said that then?
Kimber- I don't know
Jess- *face palms* that was Max's group of friends *she says while walking as fast as possible to the school gates and walking inside them*
Ayla- Jesus Jess slow down!
Jess- don't wanna be late for first period I have Mr Bass and he literally hates me so he will not stop picking on me for the whole lesson. *she rambles*
Kimber- what does Mr Bass even teach?
Jess- history
Ayla- Jess why did you pick history as GCSE option?
Jess- you know that I did that girls! You were there in year 9 when I picked my options!
Kimber- how am I supposed to remember *she laughs*
Jess- you're actually so forgetful *she giggles* I took history, music and dance *she reminds them*
Ayla- wait! Isn't Harvey in your history and then both of them are in your music?
Jess- uh yeah? *she questions*
Kimber- oh my and Max does GCSE PE when you're doing your dance option!
Jess- what's the point you are trying to make girls?
Ayla- that maybe you guys could rekindle your friendship and you could introduce us to some really fit boys!
Jess- *faces drops to seriousness* as much as I love you girls and trust me it's a lot, I'm not introducing you to them and I don't think I will ever become friends with them again, so please can you stop dabbling in my past *she says while walking off*
Kimber- what's with her?
Ayla- Kimber shut up! She's our best friend. She doesn't want to get into her past so we won't get into it and make her relive it so just drop it! *she says before walking off too.