"We have to stay, Shane," Carl said, coming out from behind his sister.

"What is this?" Lori asked as she walked towards the group with Lee trailing after her.

"We ain't going anywhere, okay?" Shane assured Carl, setting down the guns. "Now look, Hershel, he's just gotta understand. Okay? He- Well, he's gonna have to. Now we need to find Sophia. Am I right? Huh? Now I want you to take this." He placed the pistol in Carl's hands. "You take it, Carl, and you keep your mother, brother, and sister safe. You do whatever it takes. Go on, take the gun, and do it."

Matilda pulled Carl towards her, pulling the gun out of her brother's hands. She handed the gun over to Kelly and wrapped her arms protectively over Carl's and Lee's shoulders.

Lori stepped in front of her children, angrily pointing a finger at Shane.

"Rick said no guns. This is not your call. This is not your decision to make."

"Oh shit." T-dog cursed making the group whipped around towards the barn.

Matilda noticed Jimmy, Beth's boyfriend, clapping as lead walkers towards him. Her father and Hershel were holding in the poles.

"What is that?" Shane muttered, pushing through the group. "What is that?"

He took off running causing her mother to shout after him as the group sprinted after the livid man.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Shane shouted as he coming towards the three people.

"Shane, just back off," Rick responded, holding onto the hissing walker.

"Why do your people have guns?" Hershel asked, looking at all of them.

"Why do you have walkers?" Kelly retorted back, anger filling her. Her eyes shifted to Rick. "What the hell are you playing at?"

"You see?" Shane stepped forwards, pointing at the walkers on a pole. "You see what they're holding onto?"

"I see who I'm holding onto."

Shane walked a full circle around the two men. "No, man, you don't."

"Shane, just let us do this, and then we can talk," Rick said.

"What do you want to talk about, Rick?" Shane snapped, following them. "These things ain't sick. They're not people. They're dead. Ain't gonna feel nothing for them 'cause all they do is kill! These things right here, they're the things that killed Amy. That killed Otis. They're gonna kill all of us!"

"Shane, shut up!"

"Hey, Hershel man, let me ask you something," Shane stopped, blocking the path to the barn. "Could a living breathing person, could they walk away from this?"

He pointed his gun at the walker on Hershel's pole, pulling the trigger, giving three bullets in it's chest.

"No! Stop it!" Rick yelled, his voice mixing in with everyone else's.

"That's three rounds in the chest. Could someone who's alive, could they just take that?!" Shane pointed the gun at the walker again. "Why is it still coming?" Shooting it twice. "That's its heart, its lungs. Why is it still coming?"