Chapter 8

The next day came, meaning that the boys will be introduced to the Kingdom. The servants were cleaning the castle as the boys were having a chat in the dining room.
"Do you think they'll like us?" Jeongin asks.
"We did save them from that dark mist, so...maybe?" Seungmin reassures.
"We just need to be nice to them," Chan says, "What could go wrong?"

"Your majesties." The boys looked over at the door, to see Yoonie standing there.
"Hyunbok is waiting for you to go out into the town."

The boys nodded and walked out of the dining room, and saw Hyunbok standing at the main entrance, with some sort of horn in his hand.
"Are you ready your majesties?" Hyunbok asks.
All the boys nod in response.

Hyunbok turned to a guard, who was also standing at the door, which was a signal to open the door.
The guard did as instructed and opened the doors, which led to the village.
The citizens are all busy doing their own thing. Hyunbok walks out first and stands in place before blowing the horn he was holding. The citizens' attention was now on Hyunbok.
"People of Levanter!" Hyunbok starts, "As many of you know, our kingdom's rulers has disappeared and have yet to return! But fear not, for allow me to introduce to you, our kingdom's new rulers!"
Hyunbok steps to the side, which is the signal for the eight boys to walk out into the spotlight. They all stood in place for a moment to try and see the reactions of the citizens.

The citizens examined them for a while before bursting into cheer.

Hyunbok walks up to the boys, "You can now interact with them, your majesties."

The boys took note and started walking more into the village. While walking, they hear citizens chatting.

"Aren't those the guys that saved us?"

"Some of them look quite young, don't you think?"

"What handsome, young men."

Felix is the first one to part from the group to try and socialize and earn the citizens' trust. Soon, the whole group has separated to interact with the townsfolk. However, a certain woman and child caught Chan's eye.

"Hi, Jiwon." Chan greets.
"You still recognise me?" Jiwon asks.
"Of course, you were the second person I met, " Chan bent down to level with the little boy, "And you were the first person I met, Taehyuck."
Taehyuck turns to his mother, "He remembers us, Eomma! He remembers!"
"He does." Jiwon giggles.

Chan stands up properly to feel more comfortable.
"So how is being royalty?" Jiwon asks.
"Still getting use to it guess." Chan admits, while letting out a small chuckle.
"I can tell, " Jiwon laughs, "But don't worry, the other kingdoms will most likely be nice to you since you're new."
The sentence caught Chan's attention, "Other kingdoms?"

A shadow then loomed over the three for a split second, causing, not only them, but the others to look up into the sky. There they saw a carriage in the sky, being pulled by, what looked like horses, except...different. The horses pulled the carriage towards the ground and eventually landed on the village path. All the boys gathered in front of the carriage. Two doors from either side of the carriage swung open, and five men came out wearing black and white outfits, however they all had black cloaks on.

The five men stood in front of the eight boys.
"So it's true..." One of them says.
The man then pulls his hood down to reveal his face, "Levanter did get new rulers!"
The other four men then pulled down their hoods to reveal their faces.
"You were right, Youngjae."
"I'm always right."

The eight boys were still confused on who these men are.
Chan gathers the courage and introduces himself.
"Um, hi. My name is Bangchan, nice to meet you." Chan asks, holding out his hand.
"Lim Jeabeom, but please call me Jaebum or JB."
Says the man, shaking the Chan's hand
"And who are the others?" Jaebum asks, referring to the other seven boys standing behind Chan.

"Oh, well this is Changbin, Hyunjin, Jisung, Minho, Felix, Seungmin and Jeongin."

"Nice to meet you all," Jaebum then gestured to the four men behind him, "This is Mark, Jackson, Jinyoung and Youngjae."
"Pleasure to meet you." Chan replies.
"We would've brought Yugyeom along with us, but he's still grieving over the loss of one our other rulers." Jackson says in a sarcastic manner.
"Come on, Jackson, they were really close." Mark retaliates.
"Oh, did something happen to you guys?" Felix asks out of curiosity.
"Well, one of our other rulers went missing a year ago, and our other ruler, Yugyeom, is not taking it well at the moment." Jaebum explains.
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." Chan says with sympathy.
"Oh, it's okay, " Says Jaebum, "That's not the reason we're here."

"We wanted to invite you to have lunch with us." Jinyoung explains.
"We wanted to get to know you guys more so that you're more comfortable with us." Says Youngjae.
"We can even introduce you to our neighbouring kingdom." Says Mark.

"Oh, thank you so much, but we need to talk to our staff about our leave first." Chan explains. After Hyunbok said that the previous rulers disappeared, Chan felt like it was best to tell the him and the staff where they go if they went anywhere.

"Very well, we will leave now to set up for your arrival. Lunch will be at twelve." Jaebum then turned and walked towards the carriage that he and the other four boys came in. The other four boys followed behind him and entered the carriage. The horses that are pulling the carriage then trotted their feet, signalling for everyone to get out the way. Once the path was cleared, the horses began to pull the carriage and started levitating into the air, and soon they were gone.

The eight boys, mainly Jisung, realized that that whole scene happened out in the open, and that people were staring at them.
"My people, please feel free to go back to what you were doing! Me and the other rulers are retreating back to the castle!" exclaims Jisung.

They then walked back to the castle, and told Hyunbok about the lunch they were going to. Hyunbok understood, and told the chefs that their lunch won't be necessary.

The boys then ran up to their bedrooms, to get ready for the lunch.