Chapter 23

"Gyeong...belongs to me?"

Rose nods her head. Jisung looks back at the animal huddled close to him. To think that this animal was going to harm him to hearing that she was meant to protect him.

"How long has she been here?" He asks.

"For however long Levanter was abandoned," Rose answers.

"Which would be?"

"Roughly twenty years. I know it doesn't sound like a long time but trust me, it was."

Jisung nods his head, showing his understanding.

"Wait, earlier you said that each of them gained powers right?" He asks abruptly.

Rose nods her head. "So, what power does she have?"

Rose smiles at the younger, "Why don't you ask her?"

Gyeong, overhearing everything, stands up and carefully walks away to a walkway in the wall. Jisung took it as a sign to follow her, which he does, and Rose follows after.
They are met outside of the mountain on a path that spirals around it.

"To be safe, be have to go on the top of the mountain," says Rose.

Jisung looks up and sighs at how tall it is from where he stands.

"Why don't you go up there first?" Rose suggests.

"What about you two?" He asks.

"Dont worry, it's part of her power."

Jisung nods and uses his power to get to the top of the mountain in three seconds. He looks up to the sky, admiring how beautiful it is.

"Hey! Are you ready?" Rose shouts loud enough for Jisung to hear her.

"Yes! I am!"

Jisung begins to walk to the edge to try and see them, but before he could even reach it, Gyeong, with Rose on her back, stands in front of him.

Jisung steps back at the sudden apparent of his protector.

"Shocked?" Rose laughs, climbing off of Gyeong.

"So, she basically has the same powers as me?" Jisung asks.

"Yup! It's the same for the other protectors as well."

Rose grabs Jisung's arm and drags him to a specific edge of the mountain, Gyeong following closely. She raises her arm and points forward, "You can see all three kingdoms from here."

She was right. Jisung could see Moon Kingdom's castle from his location. He turns left and sees Signal's palace. He turns once more and walks closer to the edge. There stood the castle in his kingdom, Levanter. The castle where he now sleeps, eats, trains and rules. The castle where the others stay...where he stays.

"You should probably get back to Levanter," says Rose,"You have a kingdom to rule."

Rose notices Jisung not moving his body at all. His face is straight and his eyes kept looking straight ahead at his castle.
"Your majesty?"