Chapter 34

[please read the author's note in the above image regarding the updates on this fic]

The boys are eating breakfast together, enjoying a nice relaxing morning together.

"So, we all have an animal protector?" Seungmin asks.

"Apparently."

Jisung takes a piece of his bacon and feeds it to Gyeong.
"Maybe we can find a book on it somewhere in the library."

Hyunbok walks into the dining room, catching the boys attention.

"Hyunbok, any tasks for today?" Changbin asks.

"Well," Hyunbok starts reading the list he made,"citizens are requesting a better way of protection after yesterday's events. They understand you did your best, but they are still worried."

"I see...anything else?" Chan asks.

"The chefs requested more food resources as we are running out after yesterday. Some guards also request a day out of the castle to check on their families. Finally, the queens of Signal request to speak with both you and the Kings of Moon Kingdom in due time."

"...Thank you, Hyunbok."

Hyunbok bows and leaves the kings to continue eating.

"Well, for starters, one of us can tell the guards about their day off," says Jeongin.

"I'll do it," says Minho,"But I don't think they should be out too late."

"I agree," says Chan,"Tell them to be back before nine tonight."

"I can go into town to get some food," says Seungmin,"I'll just need to ask the chefs what they need."

"I'll come with you," says Jeongin,"Who knows how much you will be carrying, right?"

"I'll call Jihyo about the meeting," says Chan,"That just leaves the protection problem..."

"We can meet in the library to discuss that later," says Felix.

"Great," Minho finishes his meal and stands from his seat,"I'll go talk to the guards now. The more time they can spend with family the better."

As Minho leaves the room, Chan rises from his seat.
"I'll need to talk with Yoonie and Hyunbok. I'll see you guys later."

The remaining kings just look at each other and continue finishing their food. Once they are finished, they head out to their duties.

-

Jeongin and Seungmin successfully bought all of the food without being noticed as the kings. They would've been back at the castle by now, but Jeongin had other plans.

"Are you sure that's enough for all of them?" Seungmin asks.

"I've become their unofficial teacher," says Jeongin,"I know how many students I have in my classes."

"You're taking this teacher thing very seriously for someone still in highschool."

"Well, this kind of feels what it's like in the orphanage."