Chapter 5

"The throne?" Chan asked, "As in...royalty?"
"That is correct." The man responded.
"How? We've never been here." said Jisung.
"I don't know, but the crystals help us choose who's next in line for the throne. It's either through blood or family." The man explained.
"But, we don't know anyone here..." said Changbin.
"What about the colours? The colours that we saw on each crystal was different. Do they mean anything?" Seungmin asked.
"Well they represent what elemental power you have."
"Power!?" The boys said in unison, startling the young man a bit.
"Yes, people fit for the throne usually have powers. Our rulers have elemental powers." The man explained.

The boys were all shocked.
"Um, do you mind leaving the room for a moment, please?" Chan asked, "We just want to talk in private."
"Of course." The man said. He bowed and left the room.
"What just happened!?!?" Felix exclaimed.
"We don't even know this place, and yet we're somehow the next in line to rule here!?" Hyunjin said.
"Is it just me, or does this whole thing seem...familiar?" Minho asked.
"What do you mean?" Jisung replied.
"Eight rulers, magical abilities, it just feel like I've heard it somewhere."
"Wait...My mom's story." said Chan, " When we were little, she told us a story about a kingdom, eight rulers with magical abilities, and a dark, mysterious mist."
"I remember that story!" Jeongin said.
"It was real?" Seungmin questioned.
"I guess..." Chan said.
"...Well, what are we going to do?" Felix asked.
"We can't just leave these people unprotected," Hyunjin spoke, "We need to protect it with the powers we were given."
"Hyunjin, we don't even know how to use them." Changbin retaliated.
"We can learn, Hyung."
"I agree with Hyunjin, we were chosen for a reason, so... I say we rule this land and protect these people." Jisung said.
"Me too!" Jeongin and Seungmin both said at the same time, causing them to look at each other and laugh a bit.
"I'm in." said Felix.
"Come on, Changbin, it might be fun. Besides, we'd do it anyway by majority." Minho said with a smirk on his face.
Changbin sighed in defeat, "Fine."

Everyone then turned to Chan, who was the last one to give an answer.
"Channie-hyung?" Felix questioned.
Chan scoffed and smiled, "Let's do it."