I could never stay away from you.

^^^* their Christmas tree :)

This is dedicated to shukri1463 and @speediegirl :)
Thanks so much for voting, commenting and over all just giving my story a chance. :)

Derricks P.O.V

"I'm sorry, you're completely right, and that's why I need you to stay away from me." Alex leaves the room quickly and my heart stops.
What is she doing?
I thought we were okay.
Before I lose my courage I get up and run after her, she tried to Slam her bedroom door shut but I quickly jam my foot in the small crack.

" Alex what are you saying, is this about your dad?"
From the tears on her cheeks I know I'm right.
That damn bastard!
I push the door open and I cradle a sobbing Alex in my arms.
" A, what happend? Did he try calling again?"
All I hear is silence.
"No" she whispers.
" What's the matter then?" I say stroking her hair.
Again I hear no answer, just the last of her hiccupy tears.
"Come on A, I don't know how to help you if you don't tell me whats wrong. I want to help you, I want there to be an us, I love you Alex and I'm going to be there no matter what."

She slowly speaks. " me too."
" Then please, just tell me what's wrong."
" I-it was awful I had the worst nightmare, he came to see me, but I ran. I r-ran so much but I couldn't get away, and when he c-caught me, h-he he-" sobs again wracked her small body.
It took all my strength not to join her, it hurts watching someone you love and truly care for cry.
" I won't let him get you. I promise."
Alex sniffles and I wipe away the rest of her warm, tears.
I place a kiss on her salty, wet lips.
"Come on gorgeous, lets go eat breakfast."

~~~~~~~

After breakfast, I drive to the mall. I desperately need to buy something for Derrick for christmas.
It's only two days away, it completely slipped my mind.
Half way through the parking lot my phone rings.
"Hey mom, how are you?"
" Oh honeybun I'm great, the coast is so pretty this time of year."
" What? I thought you were on a business trip with Tom!"
" We decided to go on a mini vacation for Christmas. don't worry dear, we will back on the twenty-sixth."
"What about Derrick as I, you can't leave us on Christmas!" I say angrily into the phone, my patience wearing thin.
" You guys will be fine, the servants will prepare you a Christmas dinner and you two are old enough to stay home."
"Yah but-"
"Sorry honey got to go, our light house tour is starting, say hi to Derrick, love you, bye!"
She leaves me, with a crushed feeling in the pit of my stomach.
My mom was never ever like this. she used to be the queen of Christmas.
Baking cookies, buying way too many presents, decorating over and over, here and there.
Everything has changed.
I brush away the sinking feeling as I walk into the first store.
What can I get Derrick. I want it to be special but not not-thought about or stupid.

I walk around staring at expensive phone cases, different men's colognes, and men and woman's jewellery.
I don't know Derrick that well yet, but I really do want to get to know him.
He makes me happy, and warm inside, he makes me laugh, and cheers me up when I'm sad.
"Wait a minute that it! He makes me happy, he makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, and he makes me laugh."
The store cashier stares at me funny as I practically dance out of the room.

I get Nutella and I write a small note, because you taste good.
Then I buy some hot chocolate, and I write, because you make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Finally I walk to the movie store and buy popcorn and the movie dumb and dumber. On the movies I write a small note saying, because you make me laugh.

When I get home, I'm happy because even though it's not much, movie nights are always the best to share with people you care about.
Derrick isn't home yet, and the house seems a bit empty. So since we hadn't decorated the tree, I grab the huge box of decorations and head to the living room where the tree sits ready to be made beautiful.
It looks absolutely amazing, but as I'm adding the glass balls I feel like I'm being watched.
Odd...
I lookout the window and seeing no one I return to what I'm doing.
Finally all the glass balls are in the tree and the star is twinkling on top.
Before too long derricks home and I surprise him with the Christmas tree.
"This looks so awesome!"
"Thanks, I try. I try."
"Just get over her and kiss me."
I didn't need to be asked twice.

Soooooooo, poor Alex, her mom is sort of being dumb. :(
Poor Derrick too, he had to endure all that alone until Alex moved in, his dad always gone, leaving him with the servants or nancy.

But anywho...... thanks y'all for reading, I love you all and merry Christmas!!! 🎅❤️
Don't forget to stuff your self so full this holiday.
If any of you are alone this Christmas and overall just need some advice or someone to talk to, I'm here for you. I have always been and always will be... unless I die. *jokes and no one laughs*

But, please vote comment and fan!!!! Love u all!
✌️ peace my minions, xoxoxo Brianna❤️🎅