The cold never bothered me anyway......

This is dedicated to @bug24_ and _Cyanide_ . love y'all lots thanks for voting and yah soooooooo Pizza!
ENJOY...........

I walk back to the truck, watching as Derrick grunts, heaving the tree alongside me.
"Are you sure you don't want me to help?" I giggle when a pinecone bounces Off his forehead, leaving the little brown chips in his thick black hair.
"Yah I just need to put it in the box and strap it in."
As Derrick straps the tree in the back, I sit in the truck. I was just about to peak at the picnic basket when he opens the door covered in The sticky tree sap and pine needles.
I try and hide my laughing face, from his grouchy pine tree one.
"We could put some tinsel on you, and we wouldn't even need a tree."
He cracks a small smile.
"Come on let's eat I am starved."

So here we are sitting in his truck devouring the food that he Says he made, but I don't think he did because I seen these sandwiches in the kitchen with a note from Nancy (our maid) that said, for Derrick.

"You didn't actually make make these sandwiches did you?" I ask fully knowing the answer.
"Well I was going to, but Nancy didn't want me burning the kitchen down, but I did make the hot chocolate." he says proudly.
"Awwww little Derrick is finally growing up" I make kissy faces at him and he pouts. rather cutely though.

"You need to stop hanging around me so much, my humour is starting to wear off on you."
"Yah, but if I don't hang around you who is going to kiss me, and cuddle with me, hmmm..."
He smirks then pulls my face close to his, our foreheads practically touching.
He pulls me into his lap and kisses up and down my neck, never in my lips making me want more. he trails his hands down my side and I tug at his shirt, inching my hand under the soft, clean smelling fabric. He taste of mint, tree sap and pine needles. A great combo, if I do say do myself.
My hand are tangled in His hair his face burrowed in my neck, probably giving me a love bite.
I slowly trail kissed down his neck, sucking on his skin leaving a dark redish/blueish mark.
I hear him moaning as I trail more kisses down his stomach.
Then Derrick speaks, his breathing loud.
"
"Alex I think I'm in love with you."

I immediately stop what I'm doing and
close my eyes. Those three words, the word that can either make you or break you, the words that can change your life forever and make you have to commit.
In my heart though I know I love him too, but will love be enough?

"Alex are you okay? "
"Yah I'm fine, I love you too."
He gives me a worried smile and kisses my forehead.
" How about we stop for ice cream on the way home?"
"In the winter?"
"Sure A, I mean the cold never bothered me anyway."
" Oh let it go!"
"And That is exactly why I love you Alex, always making me smile."
"Just drive you idiot."
He laughs holding my hand.

This day couldn't have been anymore perfect, but in the back I my mind I feel doubt and I'm scared. I loved my dad so much, and it wasn't enough to make him stay, so how do I know if love will be enough for Derrick and I?
I don't, and he is worth the chance.