Why me?

I walk slowly to my next class, what the heck just happened?
I have home. Ec Next with Sam and as I slide into my seat I feel him nudge me.

I look up, our eyes locking.
" Tell me everything." he mouths while mrs.Darrell's back is turned, I nod quickly jotting down my notes.
I had some explaining to do.

~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The bell rang, causing me to jump out of my seat.
As I make my way over to my locker I see Derrick and Taylor leaning nonchalantly against it.
" Hi Taylor." I say with a nervous smile.
" Move, Derrick."
Derrick glares at me but does what I say.
Wonder what's wrong with him, other then the usual.
" Hey Alex, so I was wondering, tonight there's a party at Alecia Robinson's place and I was wondering of you would be my date?"
My mouth flies open, " you want to be seen in public with me, at that party?"
"No." smirks Derrick. I glare at him, which only makes him laugh more.

" Yes I do, I' ll, pick you up at eight. and before I forget here,this is for you." He blushes and hands me a yellow daisy, completely ignoring Derrick.

I swear this boy will be the death of me.

" Thank you how kind."
I finish putting my books away as the boys head over to the rest of the popular kids crowd.
Time to get out of this place, and see if I can find something even just a little bit presentable for the party, which for me is gonna be hard.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

" He asked you out!" Sam squealed.
Man if I didn't know any better I would think that this kid is gay.

" Sam don't squeal like a girl, your gonna bust my eardrums."
I was at his house, trying to figure out a plan for tonight.
" We need to make you look good."
I stare at Sam blankly. " dude leggings, converse, and baggy hoodies are life, and pretty presentable to me."

Sam laughed. " no, we need you to look sexy and that is why my sister and I are going to give you a make over. Sherry come in, and bring all your nice dresses!"
Uh oh. I try and run for the door but Sam stops me.
" Sit down cause you are going to that party and getting laid!"
" Sam! No!" I laugh.
" I was kidding, but seriously loosen up."
Sherry comes into the room with a long rack of expensive looking dresses.
" Hey Alex, I thought we should pick a dress then do hair and makeup."
I nods not sure of what else to say.

" Sam leave the room while she tries on the dresses, you can come back for the makeup part." she instructs.
" Why..."
" Because I Said so, now leave." Sherry points to the door and Sam slams it on his way out.
"Okay let's get started!" She hands me a couple of dresses and already I just want the night to end.