Team SHLD: The First Mission

It is midnight.

Inside Ozpin's office, Ozpin is staring out the window, drinking his coffee while Glynda Goodwitch had just entered his office from the elevator.

Glynda: Professor Ozpin, Sonya had just found all three of them and are now heading to Mountain Glenn.

Ozpin: Already? *chuckles* Perhaps this is fate.

Glynda: ... With all due respect, are you sure that it is a good idea to send a group of teenagers outside of Vale?

Ozpin: You're a teenager yourself, Glynda, you graduated early.

Glynda: I'm just saying.

Ozpin: These teenagers, Glynda, have the Semblances unlike any other. They have been through more than most of our Huntsmen have. That counts you and your sister.

Glynda: I know... I just...

Ozpin: Your sister chose this, Glynda, she has talent just like you. You can't expect that girl to be stuck in the house forever. 

Glynda: ...

Ozpin: A bird is safe in its nest -- but that is not what its wings are made for.

Glynda: I know she wants to do this... but... I doubt that it is going to be safe.

Ozpin: The bird who dares to fall, is the bird who learns to fly, Glynda.

================================================================================

Somewhere on the road, Team SHLD are inside Sonya's car with her driving. (F/N) is on the front seat while Lucas and Haytham are on the back. 

Haytham: I can't believe the White Fang would stoop this low! Working for a criminal for money? To top it all of, they're working for a Human criminal.

Lucas: You just found out? The White Fang have been doing this for ages.

Haytham: What?!

Sonya: It's true. Just last year, a group of White Fang soldiers held some hostages here in Vale at some warehouse. They even went live, showing each of their hostage tied up to the chair, before killing them.

Lucas: Yeah, demanding equality and stuff.

Haytham: How'd you know?

Lucas: Because I was their hostage.

They all fell silent for a moment.

Lucas: A bullet to the head would've been enough, but... 'Guess they really want to send a message...

Haytham: ...

Lucas: They used a sledgehammer... on each hostage... Made us watch every swing and every blood splatter... I was next... It was actually when I got my Semblance... I broke through the ropes, grabbed the sledgehammer and the next thing I know, I was swinging that sledgehammer like a tennis racket.

Sonya: Mind telling us your Semblance?

Lucas: I can increase my strength whenever and how much I feel like it. Basically, I can be as strong as I want to... In exchange for some Aura.

Haytham: Huh... That explains why you can crack the floor with one stomp. Man, your Semblance is something else.

Lucas: Speaking of which, you don't look like you're from around here.

Haytham: That's because I'm not. I came from Menagerie, a home of all Faunus kind.

Sonya: Menagerie... I heard that's the place where the White Fang is hauled up.