Volume 6 Chapter 4: The Storm

Meanwhile in the city of Mistral, Jeff is still in Lil' Miss Malachite's tavern, with him sitting on the chair backwards as his chin rests on the edge of the chair. 

Jeff: On a trip to Atlas?

Lil' Miss: They're on their way to Argus first. Something about asking the general to pass them through.

Jeff: Anything else?

Lil' Miss: Look, sweetheart, I've already told you everythin' my spiders told me. How 'bout you just hurry along and-- 

Jeff: (eyes glowing red) ANYTHING.... Else?

The two guards beside Lil' Miss were made both of their eyes widen by this, while Lil' Miss stares at him menacingly for a few moments before finally answering his question.

Lil' Miss: Somethin' about that stupid lamp they're carryin' 

Jeff: I see... (stands up from his seat) Thank you...

As he finally head out, Lil' Miss gestures one of her guards beside her to lean closer to her as she orders...

Lil' Miss: Take care of him. 

Back to Jeff, who is now walking in the rainy streets until he finally arrives in the forest.

After a long walk towards the forest, he then hears a twig snapping on his left. All of a sudden, a pink like substance is coming towards Jeff's right side. He quickly draws his spiral-knife to deflect it, but only shattering it into pieces.

Jeff: What the--?!

Multiple pink like substances then starts coming towards Jeff at incredible speed, continuously. Making Jeff shatter all of it with his knife. After the last substance, Jeff finally recognizes who it was as he smirks and turns to the familiar figure behind him, smiling back at him.

 After the last substance, Jeff finally recognizes who it was as he smirks and turns to the familiar figure behind him, smiling back at him

Jeff: Well, look who it is? Haven't seen you in the last two volumes.

Neo dashes towards Jeff making hum thrust his knife towards Neo, as she shatters. Neo then reappears from another direction to knock Jeff back, only for Jeff to catch the end of her umbrella.

Jeff: So, what's this about?

Neo pulls her umbrella away from Jeff's grip, before start trading blows. With every block, parry, and counter from Neo, Jeff seems to intentionally dropping his knife and catching it with his other hand before striking back, continuously doing so during their bout. Neo then thrusts her umbrella forward, making Jeff simply sway his body to the side to dodge it. Jeff then strikes Neo's head with the rear of his knife as she shatters again.

Neo reappears from the front, as Jeff thrusts his knife towards her, only for her to shatter again. This process is continuously repeating from the left, right, front, back and above of Jeff several times. Finally, Jeff then turns to the charging Neo over his shoulder, showing her half of his signature smile...