Volume 5 Chapter 3: Faker

While Blake and Sun are out trying to recruit, (Y/N) and Jeff are in the backyard warming up for their little spar while Kali and Ghira are watching. Kali is sitting down on a chair, sipping a cup of tea, while Ghira is is watching with crossed arms.

(Y/N): Ready?

Jeff: Ready as I'll ever be. 

(Y/N): You really think this'll work?

Jeff: It better. I mean if we wanna defeat Salem, we gotta know how to trigger the things that happened from that night.

(Y/N): That night?

Jeff: You know? Back with Slenderman.

(Y/N): Oh yeah... I hardly know everything after that.

Jeff: I..... I guess it's understandable for you...

Kali: Good luck, boys!

Ghira: Try not to damage the area!

Jeff pulls out his knife as they get into their fighting position. They both stare sternly at each other as the breeze in the air comes to their path, causing the leaf on the tree to fall off slowly. As the leaf reaches the ground, the two clashes, causing a small shock wave. Ghira and Kali were shocked in amazement.

Jeff and (Y/N) pulls back away from each other, as they start trading blows. (Y/N) parries the last punch from Jeff as he throws a punch back, in which Jeff blocks it with his knife. Jeff then slides his knife down-sideways along with (Y/N)'s hand, then kicks him on the gut. (Y/N) slides back from the impact, then dashes towards Jeff to punch him in the face. Jeff the slices (Y/N), but (Y/N) attempts to dodge it, then roundhouse kicks Jeff. Jeff grabs (Y/N)'s leg then throws him to the side, as (Y/N) manages to get back on the ground. The two then starts walking around each other.

(Y/N): You've gotten better.

Jeff: Meh... I've done better.

(Y/N): Oh... So, that's how it is?

Jeff: *chuckles* What do you think?

Jeff dashes towards (Y/N) as he attempts to slash him with his knife as (Y/N) manages to dodge it, grabs Jeff's leg and throws back. As Jeff manages to stand on his feet and looks back up, he then sees (Y/N) 3-inches closer to his face as he receives a headbutt, causing him to slide back.

Jeff: *groans* ..... Cheap shot.

The two stares down at each other once again then starts clashing.

Ghira: These two are very skilled Huntsmen.

Kali: What did you expect from (F/N)'s son?

Ghira: Nothing less..... But, Jeffrey....

Kali: Well.... They were rivals...

Ghira: I suppose.... (Y/N) seems to exceed his own father in every way.

Kali: Maybe he just taught him well.

Ghira: ...

The two stops for a moment then dashes towards each other for one final clash, causing a small shock wave. The two then jumps away from each other to get a breather.

Jeff: *pant**pant**pant* ..... No....

(Y/N): *pant**pant* .... What?

Jeff: (looks at his knife) .... This isn't enough...

(Y/N): OK.... Maybe it'll take us a little time for us to-

Jeff: We don't HAVE TIME! (throws knife on ground near Y/N)