Volume 7 Chapter 8: Mirror Mirror

Inside (Y/N)'s dorm room, (Y/N) is staring outside the window, watching the airships fly by as he wonders while Summer is sitting on his bed.

(Y/N): You... You saw it too... right?

Summer: ... T-Through Pietro's hologram...

(Y/N): ...

Summer: You... You wanna talk about it?

(Y/N)*sighs*... I don't know...

Summer: It'll make you feel better... At least a little.

(Y/N): ... Why?... Why would my dad do that to Ironwood?

Summer: ...

(Y/N): Were you there when this happened?

Summer: ... No...

(Y/N): ... This... This is insane! My... My dad would never do that without a good reason! At least that's what I-- *GROANS*

(Y/N)'s head starts aching as Summer quickly stands up to care for him.

(Y/N): Why... WHY DO I KNOW THIS?!

Summer: (Y/N)...

(Y/N): I-I-I know it, yet I don't know it! *groans* IT HURTS! Just thinking about it!

Summer: (F/N)...

(Y/N): *sighs*... Why? Why would my dad hurt General Ironwood?

Summer: I guess... that explains why James has a prosthetic arm.

(Y/N): That must've been hard on him... Someone whom he trusted just sliced his arm off.... Dad... What made you do that?

Harriet knocks on the open door before she enters the room.

Harriet: Hey, rookie. The General wants to see you.

================================================================================

Inside General Ironwood's office, as soon as (Y/N) enters he encounters Qrow and James having an argument, being the only two people in the room.

Qrow: You're being insane, James!

Ironwood: Adam Taurus didn't give me much of a choice!

Qrow: Isn't there a solution that doesn't involve BOMBING EVERYONE?!

(Y/N): Woah, woah! Bombing?! What's going on?

Qrow: Good, someone on my side.

(Y/N): Well, that depends. What's going on?

Ironwood then displays an image of the three corpses on Mantle. One who has his upper body split in half, another has been decapitated and the other has his face crushed flat.

(Y/N): Jesus...

Ironwood: This photo was taken a few hours ago. 

(Y/N): Why the photo? Where's the footage?

Ironwood: Apparently the CCTV cameras aren't operational at the moment. But no doubt Adam Taurus did this.

Qrow: And James here thinks it's a good idea to start bombing Mantle.

Ironwood: I haven't fully decided to do that yet.

Qrow: Well, while you're at it, how about you fully decide to FORGET the idea?! Think James, if (Y/N) here has had a hard time dealing with Adam, what makes you think a bomb could?! You'd be trading thousands of innocent lives for one guy. ONE GUY!