Volume 5 Chapter 2: Unforeseen Complications

The interior of the Belladonna Family Home. Ghira Belladonna, wearing glasses, paces back and forth looking at a piece of paper in hands...

 Ghira Belladonna, wearing glasses, paces back and forth looking at a piece of paper in hands

While his wife Kali, his daughter Blake, and Sun Wukong all wait for him to be ready. Ghira then stops pacing and takes one last look at the speech he has written down, before sighing as his wife places a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

Kali: Are you ready?

Ghira: Yes. It won't be easy for the people to hear, but the truth often isn't. I know they'll do the right thing.

Blake then comes up and places a hand on her father's arm, giving an affectionate snuggle. Suddenly, the three are taken by surprise when another hand pats on Ghira's back. He looks behind to see Sun.

Sun: You got this.

The three give a brief look at Sun as he stands back and smiles. (Y/N) and Jeff enters the interior. (Y/N) comes out with a squinted face, while scratching the back of his head. While Jeff is letting out a yawn. The two are then taken by surprise by the amount of company in the room.

(Y/N): Oh.... Uh.... Is this a bad ti-?

He gets cut off by a crying Sun, who tackled him down for a hug.

Sun: (crying) YOU'RE ALIVE!

Jeff: .... I take it that this is a bad time.

(Y/N): (Sun still crying on to him) Can we go with you?

Ghira: I don't think it's a good idea, just yet.

Jeff: What do you mean?

Ghira: The faunus here may already know that you two are under our roof, but the risk of them seeing two humans in the island again...

(Y/N): We get it.

Ghira: Thank you.

Kali: I'll keep them company.

Ghira then opens the doors as him and Blake step out of the home to greet the crowd gathering outside. Sun on the other hand.

(Y/N): Please get off...

Sun: I've missed you...

(Y/N): Oh boy...

================================================================================

While Ghira is doing his speech. (Y/N), Jeff and Kali are taken to the dining room, where Kali poured themselves a cup of tea.

Kali: So, Sun told me; you two know my daughter.

(Y/N): Just me ma'am. 

Jeff: I barely know both of them.

Kali: I see. So how did you and Jeff meet?

(Y/N): It's a..... Rather, complicated story...

Jeff: We were, um.... Enemies back then... I've had the change of heart, and promised to make up the things I've done.