Kabanata XXIX

Hi! Nagloloko Wattpad ko... hindi ko maayos yung spacing, so if ever there are any weird spacings between the lines and paragraphs, I deeply apolgize! Have fun readingdespite the inconvenience!

--------------------

"F-Faye," I was fully snapped out of reality when Polay called me. Napatingin ako sa labas at napansing wala na roong tao maliban na lang kay Tita Ganaiah.

"Baba na tayo," I said, hastily. I saw how Charles and Charlie gave me a small smile, Polay and Gelo waiting for me to come with them downstairs.

"Tough battle, isn't it? Akala ko nanonood ako ng teleserye." I joked out. All of them faked a laugh, it was obvious, their laughs did not even took a few moments. Shrugging, I hurried downstairs and went straight outside. Mukhang nasa loob na ng kwarto si Mama, pero saka na lang ako papasok kapag hinanap na ako.

I spotted Tita Ganaiah, leaning her back on the wooden table as she sat at the wooden elongated chair. Hesitating, I walked just a few steps near her but as soon as I heard muffling sounds, I stopped in my trails. She was still cryng. I noticed how her shoulders slightly shake every time she let out a stifled cry.

"Tita..." tawag ko sakaniya. Mukhang narinig niya iyon dahil dali-dali siyang tumungo at pinunasan ang mga luha. Nasa may bandang gilid niya lang ako nang maabutan ko siyang pinupunasan niya ang kaniyang mga mata.

"You should be sleeping now, Beatrice. It's not good for girls to stay up late. It'll damage not just your body clock but also your skin, baka magkapimples and wrinkles ka nang maaga." she said, her head's still bowed down. Umiling ako at tumabi sa kaniya, she was still covering her face with both of her hands and her golden hair's scattered all over.

"Tita..." Tawag ko sa kaniya muli.

"Narinig ko lahat," I uttered. I heard her groaned as she wiped her eyes once again before tucking her hair behind both her ears as she looked at me with defeated eyes.

"Then what are you doing here?" said she. It's good that she wasn't wearing makeup today, she'll look messier if ever, because she's very fond of mascaras.

"Gusto ko lang din pong magpahangin," palusot ko. Dahil alam na alam ko na ang ugali niya, ipagtatabuyan niya ako at tatarayan hanggang sa makapasok ako sa loob. This was the first time I saw her cried, and I don't know why I felt so sad the moment she does it. Nalulungkot rin naman ako kapag umiiyak si Mama, pero...ewan, hindi ko rin alam kung bakit sobrang apektado ako nang nakita kong umiyak si Tita Ganaiah.

"Can't you take a fresh air in the second floor?" naiirita niyang sabi. I gave her a sad smile before I glanced at the dancing trees.

"If you're here to ask me and forced me to tell you the truth, I am not sorry but I won't tell you..." Tumango lamang ako at bumuntong-hininga.

"I know that you won't tell me a thing," I replied, acidity was evident on my tone.

"Then, go to sleep," Ang kalamigan ng boses niyang naririnig ko ngayon ay ang siya ring narinig ko kanina lamang sa pag-aaway nila.

"Tita..." I tried to reach her out but she just gave me a death stare making me heaved a long and defeated sigh.

"What?" she spat. I'm hesitating to ask but here it goes...

"Is that the reason why you've been acting so..." Tinapunan niya ako ng tingin na ikinatahimik ko naman. Obviously, she understood what I'm trying to say.

"What do you think?" said she.

"It's just one of the reasons...but I know you. You don't give a damn about money," She smiled at me and continued. It took a few minutes before she replied. Ilang beses niya ako tiningna bago niya umpisahang magsalita.