Talent Show

Natsu was at the guild alone with Happy when the news about the talent show broke. He had never been big on singing or dancing but he had some cool tricks to show off with his magic. The reward money was hefty and Natsu knew exactly what he wanted it for. Plus with Mira judging and not performing the pinkette was positive he could win it, that was until it was announced that the talent must not involve magic. 

"Well fuck" Natsu looked over to see his icy friend experience the same disappointment.

Next to the two boys however was a third who was eager to show off his singing skills. Gajeel jumped up pulling Lily away to practice performing some songs. Gajeel wasn't the most talented singer but watching him was great entertainment so it was no doubt that he had a shot at winning. 

Juvia and Cana were both working together to create an elaborate dance routine while Erza was practicing her monologue. Gray and Natsu both realised then how screwed they were. Neither of them could sing, dance or act. 

"Natsu I hate your guts but if we team up" Gray gave the boy a knowing look. The fire mage would rather die than team up with Gray usually but he needed the reward money for something important.

"We split the reward then" 

"Of course.... now what the fuck are we gonna do?" 

The two boys spent the rest of the day arguing about what to do. Could they learn how to play an instrument in a mere week or could they at least attempt to coordinate a dance. They were stumped and as night neared Natsu could not wait to get back to Lucy's apartment in her warm bed.

The blonde had spent the day working on her novel, she practically had to kick Natsu and Happy out claiming that she needed peace and quiet. Nevertheless the two boys did oblige not happily though, the pinkette and his cat felt empty without their blonde companion. So once Gray decided to kick in the hay and come up with ideas tomorrow the two practically sprinted home.

Like usual the window was left open for them because they both apparently did not know how to use a door. As Natsu crawled through the frame he could not see the blonde but he could hear the shower running. 

That meant the boys had a few minutes or hours knowing Lucy till the blonde finally finished in the shower. Natsu took this opportunity to open the draw in Lucy's dresser that had been allocated as his own. Pulling out his flannel pants and a black t-shirt he got changed for the night. However mid way through pulling his pants up he heard something he had never heard in his life.

Lucy singing. 

Happy and him gave each other a look as if asking each other if that was really Lucy. The two snuck closer to the bathroom door listening in to her belt out a song. What song, they had no clue.

It was an odd sensation hearing the blonde singing. Natsu had heard many girls sing before, I mean Mira had a beautiful voice and so did one of Lucy's celestial spirits. However this was different, he could feel his heart beating and heat rising to his cheeks. She sounded angelic to say the least. 

Neither of the boys were aware of Lucy's talent so neither of them knew what to say. 

Natsu could feel himself getting lost in her singing until she suddenly stopped.

"Stupid fucking hair brush!" and just like that the angelic feeling was gone and grumpy old Lucy was back. They heard a few more angry grunts and the noise of multiple things being thrown around before she finally practically forced the door open. 

She wasn't even alarmed by their presence, instead she waddled over to the bed and sat down letting out a long sigh.

"Longest day ever" she fell back her wet hair colliding with the dry sheets.

Nalu One-ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara