What a bit of faith can do

"You got this Lucy" the blonde heard her partner call. He had so much faith in her and she couldn't let him down. She had to win this battle. She had always been the weaker one of the team but now was her chance to prove that she had improved.

Natsu did not doubt her strength for a second, even when the names were drawn and the guild all placed their bets against the blonde he still believed in her. Regardless of what they said he knew she was capable of beating the other wizard in the ring.

"Aye Lucy, don't be upset when I defeat you cause I'm not going to go easy on you" Gray gave the blonde a smirk readying himself for battle.

"You'll regret doubting me Gray" She smirked right back at him and the battle begun.

You may be wondering how on earth they got there. Well it all started when the fantasia parade was due to happen. Everyone had been working hard on their floats, especially Lucy. Her and Natsu got a float to share this year curtesy to Mira. She was excited to make cute matching costumes and show off their magic.

Natsu wasn't as thrilled about the costumes but the idea of being with Lucy the whole night brightened his mood.

However this year the Master had something special planned. Something that he believed the crowds would love to see, battles. He announced to the guild that they would be having duels with fellow members of the guild.

Natsu and Gray gave each other a knowing look as they both wanted to settle their score once and for all. Gajeel wanted his chance at Erza who seemed happy to take him on. Everyone started partnering up and Lucy decided to not participate, she didn't like fighting her friends, it felt wrong.

"You don't get to pick your partners" The Master announced interrupting everyone. There were some annoyed grunts and a few rolls of the eye. However Natsu was just as pumped to fight anyone in the guild. He knew he would thrash them.

Makarov began pulling names out of a hat and announcing the duels.

"Erza and Juvia"

Lucy knew that would be a fan favourite. Two strong beauties fighting each-other, who wouldn't want to watch. Juvia seemed nervous but deep down she had been wanting to battle the red head since the S class trials. Of course Erza was happy to fight just about anyone.

"Lisanna and Elfman"

A battle of the siblings. Lisanna was determined to defeat her big brother as everyone could see through the smirk on her face. Although Elfman would never admit it, he was terrified. His little sister had been getting stronger almost matching his power so he knew it would be a hard fight.

"Wendy and Gajeel"

This one took the guild by storm. Wendy looked at the iron dragon slayer and gave him a sweet smile. Secretly she would train her hardest, she knew she wasn't as strong as him but that didn't mean she didn't have a few tricks up her sleeve. Gajeel on the other hand let out an annoyed grunt. He wanted to fight really badly but he could never hit Wendy, deep down he was just a big softy.

"Natsu and Mirajane"

"I'm all fired up Mira" Natsu was not disappointed with his opponent. An S class wizard, he couldn't be more excited. He was ready to battle it out with Mira and he refused to lose. Mirajane just gave him a small smile, she was ready to have a little fun.

"Freed and Laxus"

Poor Freed, fighting the man he was secretly in love with. Laxus pat the boys head in excitement, just like the others in the guild Laxus loved a good duel.