epilogue

a/n hehe surprise

nine years later
alysia's pov

"and that night, your momma won five grammys. she also proposed to me that night."

"did you say yes, mommy?" my five year old, augustus ryland, asked as he peered up at me with those big blue eyes that were almost exactly like billie's.

i giggled, reaching a hand up to move his blonde curls from his face. "yes, auggie. i said yes." i explained, tapping his nose, smiling when he burst into a fit of giggles.

"was the ring pretty?" my daughter, gianna noelle, asked.

i nodded. "very pretty. do you wanna see it?" i asked, looking between the twins.

they nodded their heads quickly, so i lifted my left hand to show it to them. they both gasped.

"that is pretty, mommy!" augustus said as he took my hand in his two smaller ones to inspect it closer.

"it looks expensive." gianna mumbled.

"it was."

both of the twins turned their heads and gasped. "momma!" they yelled, quickly climbing off of the bed to run and crash into her legs.

she grinned as she bent down, wrapping them both into a hug. "hi, babies!" she gushed, peppering both of their faces with soft kisses.

their contagious laughter filled the room as they tried to move away. "stop, momma! that tickles!" gianna laughed.

billie pretended to pout as she stopped. "can i at least get a kiss?"

gianna nodded, placing her small hands on each side of bil's face. "mwah!" she said as she placed a quick kiss on her lips.

"love you, gigi." billie beamed.

"love you, too."

"what about me, momma?" augustus asked. "do you love me?"

"i do love you, auggie. more than you'll ever know."

she looked between them. "guess what."

"what?"

"what is it, momma?"

"i got you two something."

"really?"

"yay!"

"but before i give it to you, i've got a question," she looked between the two once more. "have you been good for mommy while i've been gone?"

"yes! really, really, good!" they said at the same time.

billie looked up and met my eyes, asking for confirmation. i nodded, a small smile on my face.

she smiled before digging into her pockets, pulling out two large snickers bars, the twins' favorite candy.

"thank you, momma!"

"you're the best!"

billie beamed as she ran her hand through gianna's short, brown hair a few times. "you're welcome, cuties."

she moved augustus's curls out of his face to place a kiss on his forehead, turning to do the same to gianna. "go get your trays so you don't make a mess, alright?"

they nodded and quickly ran off. "no running in the house!" i called out.

they immediately stopped and turned to face me. "sorry, mommy."