✰ 53 ✰

alysia's pov

four hours and fifteen minutes later, we arrived at the hospital. i rushed to the front desk of the hospital. the lady looked up at me and billie. "who are you here for?"

"tyler durden. what room is he in?"

she looked at her computer and typed something before looking back to me. "only family can visit right now."

i clenched my fist at my side, already loosing patience with her. "i'm his sister."

"and her?" the lady asked, gesturing towards billie.

before i could answer, billie spoke up. "i'm her wife. now what room is he in?"

my eyes widened slightly, but i went along with it. the lady sighed before looking at her computer once more. "floor eight, room 848."

i didn't say anything as i pulled billie to the elevator. i pressed the eight button, my grip on billie's hand tightening. "i don't like elevators." i mumbled.

she nodded as her thumb traced small patterns on the back of my hand soothingly. "do they scare you?"

"kinda but that's not really why i don't like them. they make my head hurt."

she nodded once more and i watched the counter stop at eight. the doors opened and we stepped out. we walked down the halls, stopping when we reached room eight forty-eight. i took a deep breath and raised my hand, knocking on the door.

a few seconds later, brendan opened the door. "hey. he just took some medicine so he's kinda out of it right now."

"how bad is it?" i whispered.

"he's got a fractured disk in his back, so they've got to get him measured for a back brace. he broke his leg pretty badly. he went into surgery as soon as he got here and they put a metal rod in his leg. he's also in a neck brace, but it's just to help with his back." he explained, letting us in and leading us into the room.

we reached the main part of the room and my eyes watered as i saw tyler laying in the bed. like brendan said, he was in a neck brace and his right leg was propped up. the was three places on his leg that had stitches in it. two was at his knee and one was at the end, a little above his ankle. he also had bandages around his right hand.

i walked over and sat in the chair that was next to the bed. he turned his head to look at me. "alysia?" he asked, though his voice was low and hoarse.

"it's me, tyler." i responded. "how do you feel?"

"like shit." he chuckled humorlessly. he reached his right hand up and i put mine in it, holding his hand. "how did you get here so fast?"

"we got a plane as soon as brendan called me. what happened?"

"i was driving and i saw the light had just turned red as i tried to go. somebody drove in front of me and i t-boned them." he explained, catching his breath every now and then. his eyes kept closing and i could tell that he was about to fall asleep.

"i'm glad that you're alright." i mumbled. a tear fell from my eyes and landed on his hand.

"hey, hey, hey." he started. "don't cry, sissy. i'm here and i'm alright, okay? i'm still here, sissy."

i nodded and reached a hand up to wipe at my eyes. "i love you."

"i love you too." he said, his voice getting lower as his eyes closed and he fell asleep.

i sat there for a moment, watching as he slept. i took a deep breath and slowly let go of his hand after putting it on his chest. i quietly got up from the chair and walked over to brendan, wrapping my arms around him. he didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around me as well, leaning down to kiss my head. "he's alright, alysia."

i didn't say anything as i just buried my head into his chest, tightening my arms around him. eventually i pulled away and looked up at him. "how bad was the other people?"

"they just got minor whiplash. they're already back home."

i nodded. "who all came to visit?"

"aunt charlotte and uncle maddox. a few of our friends. i told dahlia, but the coffee shop wouldn't let her take off. she's coming as soon as she can, though."

i nodded once again. i went and sat on the couch next to billie, leaning my head on her shoulder. "bubbie?"

"yeah?" she asked as she started running her hand through my hair.

"thank you for coming with me and everything."

"of course. anything for you, princess." she placed a kiss on my head. "i wasn't going to let you come over here by yourself, especially after finding this out."

i moved to sit in her lap, wrapping my arms around her, and burying my face into the crook of her neck. for the first time in almost five hours, i allowed myself to relax and fall asleep in my favorite person's arms.

-

a/n hi sorry for not updating 🥺

this was just difficult for me to write. i've known, really, since i started this book that tyler was going to get into a wreck, but at the end of february, my older brother got into a wreck. he has the same injuries as i described earlier and so this chapter just made me very emotional, even though my brother is alright. it made it easier to write though because i knew about everything injury wise and how it happened. if you want to know anything about it, i'll be glad to answer your questions :)

again, sorry for not updating. from here on out, for the next few weeks at least, updates are going to be slow. i've gotta a lot of school work to catch up on and i need to work on my mental health. i hope you understand.

i love you guys <3