✰ 69 ✰

two years later
alysia's pov

"for the song of the year... the grammy goes to... bad guy by billie eilish!"

billie gasped, reaching a hand up to cover her mouth as everybody started clapping. finneas stood and pulled her into a hug. i stood up as well and wrapped my arms around when she was done hugging finneas.

"congrats, baby." i smiled, placing a quick kiss on her lips.

"thank you, cutie." she said as she walked with finneas up to the stage.

once they were up there, they handed billie the grammy and hugged them before making her way to the mic.

"why?" she started, earning a few laughs from the audience. "wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. oh my god, so many songs deserved this, i'm sorry. thank you so much. this is my first grammys, i never thought this would ever happen in my whole life. um, i grew up watching them, and this is my brother finneas, he's my bestfriend."

"i feel like i joke around a lot and never take anything seriously at these kinda things, but i genuinely want to say um, i'm so grateful, and i only want to say that i'm so grateful, and honored to be here amongst all of you. i love you to my core, i grew up watching all of you."

"um, thank you to my team, thank you to my mom, my dad. um, my bestfriend mateo for keeping me alive to this day. um, justin, danny, brandon, michelle, chelsea, spencer. and thank you to my girlfriend, alysia. i wouldn't be here without all of you."

i smiled widely, letting out a loud cheer. she turned to finneas. "you say something, please."

he stepped forward. "you know, this is a really, really big deal and we don't... i-i have no idea what to say. i didn't think we were gonna win this at all. i loved every song on this list. um, i want to thank my girlfriend, my bestfriends, our entire team. you know we just make music in a bedroom together, we still do that, and they let us do that, and i... i just uh... this is to all the kids making music in their bedroom today. you're gonna get one of these."

everybody cheered as they both stepped away from the mic, billie covering her mouth with her hands again as they made their way back to their seats.

-

"and the grammy for best new artist goes to... ready everybody? billie eilish!"

the audience started clapping and cheering again, and i laughed and clapped as billie jumped slightly. she stood up and hugged finneas, maggie, patrick, claudia, and me. she made her way up to the stage, thanking the people up there as they gave her her grammy.

she leaned over to the mic. "thank you! ai, ai, ai. dude. um, okay, i forgot to thank my touring team in the last one, so i want to thank you guys for helping me put on a show that i actually like. um, thank you to brian, and nicole, and um, everybody on my team."

"um, mainly i think the fans deserve everything. i feel like they uh, have not been talked about enough tonight, because they're the reason that any of us are here at all. so thank you to the fans." everybody began clapping again.

"um i know that- god, this is soo crazyyy. i know that um, all the other artist in this category, i love you guys all, you're amazing. you deserve this just as much as i do, and i know that your fans are hardcore and will fight for you guys, and they love you, and they're gonna talk shit about me for years cause of this. so i love all fandoms, thank you to the fans. you make this worth it, so thank you."