✰ 68 ✰

tw: mentions of homophobia and homophobic slurs

billie's pov

"so, billie, i saw your instagram post a few weeks ago; you and your girlfriend have now been dating for six months, right?" the interviewer asked.

a smile came to my face just at the mention of alysia and i nodded my head. "that is correct."

"did you two do anything to celebrate your six months?"

"well we just stayed in our hotel room that day, built a pillow fort and watched netflix and shit. it was really relaxing and honestly i wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way."

"sounds fun. now i also heard that she's your personal photographer. is that true as well?"

"it is! all the photos of me on stage that's on my instagram are taken by her." i explained, a proud smile on my face as i did.

"wait, she's over there with my brother, is it okay if she comes over here?" i asked.

"of course." he nodded.

i looked behind the camera and waved for alysia to come over. i watched as she did and pulled her into my lap once she reached us. i wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my chin over her shoulder.

"alysia, what is it like dating the billie eilish?" the interviewer asked her.

"it's weird because i don't see her as billie eilish, i just see her as billie, if that makes sense. like i forget sometimes that she's famous, you know? but it's actually really great. and although she has this tough, bad guy act on social media and all that, she's actually a big softie." she explained.

"i am not!" i defended. "don't listen to her, she's lying!"

they both laughed at that and the interview continued.

-

"i still can't believe you lied like that and called me a softie." i said, giving a pointed glare to alysia.

"i wasn't lying, though." she shrugged.

"was too," i muttered stubbornly. "i'm not a softie."

"okay "have you ate yet, cutie" headass." she mocked.

"you know what-"

"just admit that you're soft."

i sighed as i walked over to the couch that she was laying on, opting to lay on top of her, letting out a contempt sigh when her hand immediately found its way to my hair. "maybe just a little bit."

"mhm." she hummed.

we stayed in silent for a while. her hand lightly running through my hair and occasionally scratching my scalp along with the soft beating of her heart was honestly enough to lull me to sleep.

"hey, baby?" i asked quietly.

she hummed a small "hmm?" so i continued. "you know how you're always saying that guys are icky?"

"yeah, why?"

"why is that? like why do you dislike guys so much?" the question was random, but i'd be lying if i said that i've never wondered why.

she let out a low sigh. "in my junior year of high school, i was friends with this group of guys. there was three of them. we were pretty close and we had been friends since the second semester of freshman year."

"well i discovered that i was gay in my sophomore year, but didn't tell anyone until my junior year. i came out to the group of boys that i was close with. the next day, they outed me to everybody at my school. after that, while there were some girls, it was mostly boys who would go out of their way to call me a faggot and all that shit."

"eventually it got to my family that i was gay and so not only did i have almost my whole school being homophobic towards me, but now my own family." she explained. "i guess it's stupid to say that all guys are icky or whatever, but i'm mainly joking when i say it. i don't know. i just... have a harder time trusting guys now because of all of that."

while she was talking, i had turned to look up at her. a frown was on my face as she talked. "that's awful. i'm sorry that you had to go through that, baby." i said sympathetically.

"it's okay. well it's not, but i just wanna move past that. i never have to see those assholes again, so i don't care."

i leaned up pressed a quick kiss to her lips. "i love you and i'm proud of you."

"i love you too, but what are you proud of me for? i didn't do anything."

"because you're so strong. i know that that had to be hard and i'm glad that you got through it. i'm so so so proud of you, baby."

she pouted as she mumbled a small "fuck, i love you."

"i love you too."

the was a small knock on the door, followed by a "you're on in five minutes, billie."

"you ready?" alysia asked.

i nodded. "yeah. i'm ready."

-

a/n i suck at ending chapters

1 left :(