Part 27

Time was running out, Will knew I was up to something and soon enough if I wasn't careful the whole plan could be exposed. I had to act quickly and carefully.
I hoped and hoped Isaac would return with a plan, and I could finally escape.
"Hey" Called out a ghostly voice across the hall. I froze, not sure if I should reply. "Hey?" It Called out again. I cleared my throat and spoke back. "H-hello?" I said with s wobbly voice. "My names Monique" she said.
"I'm Tess" I said back, still suspicious.
"It sounds like you've got yourself into a very complicated love triangle" Monique chuckled a little. I frowned at the comment but understood her attempt at trying the lighten the mood. "Hah yeah I guess so" I replied."Hey?..you want out of this place huh?" She said suddenly switching to a sharp tone. "We all do" I said back.
"I think you've got a plan, you do, don't you?" She said giggling. I wasn't sure what to say, was this chick crazing?
"Listen you've gotta be a little quiet when saying that kind of stuff" I hushed her. "Haha don't you worry, you'll never escape" she said as she fell into a manic laughter. I frowned at her insanity when suddenly the doors opened up again. This time it was Isaac, I watched him furiously sprint down the cement call towards my cell, his clothes stuck to his body as black paint dripped to the floor. But as he ran closer, I realised wasn't black paint, it was... blood, he was covered in blood, it soaked into his shirt and pants, smeared across his face and hands, as spilt to the ground. He desperately shoved a ring of keys into my cells key hole and frantically tried to turn it. The click of the lock unlocking sounded and he threw the door open, yanking me out from within.
I could feel the still warm blood as he grabbed me. I wondered whose it was. As I was dragged out, trying to catch my feet on the ground to run along side him, screams and yells from the cells beside us rang like sirens. I saw their dirty and sore faces watch us leave them in the dust as he fled out the cell room.
As the light grew near the gravity of what just happened hit me. What was he doing?!
Without hesitation, as soon as we passed the heavy metal door, Isaac ran even faster round every corner, darting past doors and rooms, that surprisingly held no one in them. The place was deserted. Was I dreaming?
Suddenly and abruptly we burst through a door and fell into a pitched black room, as Isaac slammed the door shut and threw a heavy object in front of up, probably under the door handle to stop anyone blindly opening it.
"What are you doing?" I asked frantically, "you're going to get us killed? What if they find us?", "shh! They won't find us, no one saw us and the cameras were disabled" he reassured angrily. "Just be quiet for a second while I think".
"While you think? You mean you don't even have a plan?" I shoved him as I realised we were fucked.
"You should thank me! I just saved your life!" He snapped back, "Isaac if we don't do something they're going to catch us" I replied swiftly. We stood in the darkness, breathing heavily as our hearts thumped in our throats, riddled with panic and uncertainty.
Isaac turned his body and grabbed my shoulders with his damp hands, I felt terrified, what had this man become. He is a murderer and always will be a murderer!
But his touch was a desperate embrace, he pulled my shoulders into his chest and wrapped his arms tightly around me, burying my face under his chin, shivering with fear.
"I know what you see when you look at me, when I stare into your eyes I can see the monster that stands in front of you, I'm sorry I did this" He trembled. I felt my heart crack at his genuine words, as if in this moment, that little bit left of his soul spoke to me.
"Tess?" He asked into the darkness after I'd been silent for a while. He broke the embrace for a second, looking for my eyes. "Isaac... I..." I began, feeling my voice quiver as the emotions rose.
Suddenly alarms flared in the distance, echoing down the halls and just making enough noise for us to hear. Our blood ran cold and startled us both. Our attention shot to the door we entered and knew we had to think of something quick!
"Is there a vent in here we can escape through?" I asked immediately and desperately. "It's only a storage closest, I doubt there'll even be a vent" he replied hopelessly. Storage... wait a minute!
"What about a place where the shipments arrive, like a.." I tried to think of another exit location that there may be.
"You mean a like a docking place?" He asked excitedly, "yes!" I exclaimed. "Yes, I know the place, but it's going to be hard to get there" he said worried, but I was ready to take the risk.
And quickly, he began rummaging through the dark room for anything we could defend ourselves with, even though it seemed like an old storage room, we managed to find a crowbar, hammer and lighter fluid, in which we took the first two weapons instead. Issac gripped my arm before grabbing the handle to the door, I could feel him looking at me.
He hesitated for a moment, exhaling quietly with fear, "You ready"? He asked, shakily, I narrowed my eyes and replied "fuck it".