Part 8

Tessa POV

After the little incident I'd spent the rest of the day sitting in the girls room sniffling away in tears.
Once the last bell rang and all the voices had left the halls I slowly crept out wiping away the tears. I slowly walked out the main door to the Main Street to walk somewhere when suddenly a car horn sounded.
I jumped around terrified someone had spotted me.
The student car park lot was empty except one car. A black Land Rover.
I slowly turned around again to leave when I heard the car door open and I voice call out.
"Hey Tessa" I quickly turned around to see Isaac waiting beside the car looking concerned. He slowly walked closer and spoke softly.
"You wanna come for a ride?" He asked holding out a hand and of course I took it in a heartbeat.
He walked me over to the passenger side and then hopped in.
"Hey are you okay, you don't look too good" he said glancing at me.
"Sniff yeah I just...had a bit of an argument" he said wiping my eyes.
"With a teacher?" He asked concerned
"No no, Kyle my friend" I said
"Yeah I know him, he's a good guy" he said watching the road. I looked up to see him.
"Yeah I guess I upset him with....this" I said gesturing to my outfit.
He glanced at me and back at the road.
"Don't worry, I'm sure he didn't mean it at the moment" I turned to look at him and noticed him clenching the wheel, making his knuckles go white "sometimes us guys do that" he added.
"I'm okay now thought don't worry" I wiped my eyes one last time, smiling "so where are we going exactly?" I asked
"You'll see" he said smiling at me.
I carefully watched the roads, reading the signs, trying to get an idea of where he was taking me...but honestly I didn't care.
After about 30minutes of awkward driving he drove out onto a gravel road up a long drive.
He drove right to the top of the drive to a small parking lot surrounded by over grown plants and trees.
He jumped out the car and I followed.
"This way" he guided as he disappeared into the trees.
We walked deep into the trees, sometimes the grass was so over grown it was hard to walk.
And then suddenly his pace began to slow, and as I looked into the distance the mellow glow on the sun broke through the tree leaves.
We walked closer to the edge of a cliff side that looked out over cross the entire Findlay Valley and onto Blue Mountain and the river.
"Wow" my breath escaped my lips as I watched the horizon.
The sun hung just above the mountain, kissing the snow.
The smooth pink and orange melted into the blue sky like smudged lipstick. Staining the think layer of the snow on the mountain.
Shivers traveled throughout my body, electrifying me.
Isaac stood closer to the edge his hands in his pockets, contemplating.
I stayed at him. Wondering.
I knew I should stop, I knew the more my heart began to grow to him, the greater the heart break. Who am I kidding I can't have this boy, I've seen the way the girls look and talk about him. Besides I'm never lucky with boys, I'm not even the second choice, in fact I'm not even a choice.
But I can't help wanting him, I can't help wondering what his hugs are like, what his laugh is like, but his personality is like, how he smells in the morning. Or how he'd break up with me, how he'd some How shatter my heart into pieces.
So I decided to live in the moment, to enjoy his smile and his presence. Then he looked back at me.
"Come here, look" he said pointing to the horizon with one hand and the other pulling me closer.
I squinted my eyes, looking for whatever he was pointing at.
"Do you see it?" He asked
"N...no...what is it?" I asked shading my eyes
"There!" He yelled when suddenly a tiny colourful ball appeared from out behind a cloud. The colourful bright stripes of the hot air balloon stood out against the grey cloud.
"Wow" I gasped.
Then I was suddenly conscious of what I was doing. I glanced down at my feet to see my toes just over the edge of the cliff, with the sharp rough rocks staring up at me from my doom.
I suddenly wobbled in fright and shuffled back.
"What's wrong?" He asked looking concerned.
"Are you sure this is safe?" I asked pointing over the edge. He looked down and smiled.
"Yeah, trust me" he smiled pulling me over. "Here stand with your arms out, I've got you" he said excitedly.
I worryingly shuffled closer slowly pulling my arms out like a bird, him holding my shoulder.
I spread my arms out more as the sun began to slide behind the mountain, shifting the colours to a warm pink, purple, red and blue. And with the trees crawling out over the valley and hills, with the water below while the leaves of the trees applauded in the wind.
Then I felt his hand slip from my shoulder and I suddenly turned my head to him for safety. He was only a few feet away smiling proudly as I stood alone. I couldn't help but smile back.
With his gaze upon I held my breath, I felt the urge to leap, to soar down through the leaves of the towering trees and below past to racing river, and over the top of Blue Mountain, tasting the sweet summer air.
Right then everything was silence, the trees where at peace as the river rhythmically swam down the valley, and the sun held herself beside the mountain, kissing his cold snow. Even thought it felt like lions where roaring, and the earth was vibrating, my heart thundering in excitement.
"Don't jump" Isaac said from out of nowhere. His voice caught my attention, bringing me back to reality.
I gave him a cheeky smirk then stepped back from the edge skipping over to him.
We sat down to watch the sun dip behind the mountain.
"How did you know this was here?" I asked, curious as to how the new kid knew such a secret place, not even I knew. And I grown up here.
"I had a grandfather who lived here, and before he died he told me stories of how he'd bring me here, when I was little" he said thoughtfully watching the horizon. I smiled at his small story and watched the sun with him.
"You didn't actually think I was going to jump?" I asked smiling.
I looked at me searching my face.
"Maybe" he shrugged his shoulders smiling childishly.
And for the next few minutes he sat there silently in our own worlds watching the sky slowly darken.