Part 9

Tessa's POV

After the walk through the woods we both began to walk back to the car.
As we left the parking lot it suddenly came to me.
This was where Celia probably spent her last minutes of her life. Maybe she stood at the cliff side, thrown over the the side of the worlds face, plummeting to her death. Or maybe like me, she wanted to jump. Maybe she lifted her arms to flow, to soar overprotective the valley as she fell. I glanced over at Isaac thinking about Celia. He noticed me looking and gave me a smile.
"What was your grandfathers name?" I asked, not sure if I'd get a reply
"Gary Burns" he said focusing on the road.
"How did he die?" I asked, also not sure if I'd get a reply.
"Uh heart attack, alone on the farm" he said watching the horizon
"And when did he die?" I asked still not satisfied and curious to my theory
He snapped his head confused.
"Sorry if that was a bit personal" I shook my head embarrassed.
"No.. um he died when I was 12" he said glancing down at the digital clock.
"I'm sorry..." is all I could think to say.
"He didn't kill her, if that's what your wondering" he said not looking at me.
I poked my head up suddenly, shocked by what he just said.
"No that's not what I was thinking, I just felt I knew something about him" I lied looking down at my hands.
He noticed my embarrassment quickly as always. I couldn't never hide it from him.
"It's okay" he said putting his hand in my shoulder. His fiery touch sparked my heart. We both looked at each other as if he'd felt it too. The butterflies, like electricity.
Then he turned to watch the road again, ignoring the feeling.
It was quiet for most of the ride until he slowly pulled up a few meters away from my house.
He sighed heavily, clutching the wheel.
I sat still, watching him.
What is he doing?
He suddenly reached for me, his arms around my waist pulling me out of my seat closer to him.
Our lips collieded, his were warm and fierce.
He held me tightly, as if he'd never see me again, but yet so gentle like I was his.
I didn't care, I loved it when he kissed me, It felt like it was meant to be.
I couldn't help falling in love with him.
Our lips pulled away and we sat closely to each other, breathing against the other, lost in the marvellous feeling.
My hand slowly opened the door and I crept out, his hand was entangled in mine, and our finger slowly unlocked as I slipped away.
I skipped off into the house quietly and watched him drive off.
I sat on the porch imagining him and I, up on the cliff side that evening.
I'd never felt something like this before, it was special, like fate had brought us together.
I quietly crept up to my room and turned on my desk lamp.
I switched my speaker on to play some music before bed.
I opened up my phone and searched my playlist.
Ellis Presley   I can't help falling in love
What a perfect match.
The song began to play as I lay on the bed, playing with my duvet cover.
I'm lost myself in thought as the music rolled on.
"for I can't help, falling in love with you" sang the last line of the song.
I was left there, laying in the absence of him, the absence of his lips, of his tight grip around my waist, I wanted him here so badly.
I could almost feel him against me, his breath down my neck as we lay together.
As the silence began to fill the room the more I began to realise how much I needed Isaac.
The empty stillness of the room was chilling and uncomfortable, like the failed echo of applause after a show, when everything has ended and excitement has finished. All that is left is the people, and the things they've experienced.
I didn't want that to happen to me, I didn't want Isaac to just be a memory. I wanted more, I wasn't ready for the show to be over.

As the sky outside began to darken and the room began to fall asleep, I closed my eyes, basking in the memory of the kiss, and Isaacs warm tight hold around me. And when the world begins to crumble, we kiss, as though nothing could fall.

Sorry for the super short chapter 😬 I've been real busy