Part 17

Heavily armed men stormed into the cell area, yelling at screaming. I couldn't actually understand what they were saying because the cries of woman and the men flooded the small area, muddying the air. I held my hands over my ends squinting in pain, my ear drums throbbed and my brain froze. A bright torch light flicker in between the bars, a few guards at each cell. Before I knew it, Catherine was helping me up as I still covered my head. We were grabbed and yanked out and even thrown a punch or two at us. I almost collapsed, my knees shook and ankles swelled, the overwhelming terror bad my body on lockdown. I quivered as all the woman were silenced. My eyes peaked down the hall, watching a large fat man, accompanied by Will, slowly examine each woman.

Most of the girls were skinny, and under fed, they'd been here much longer than me. Their bruised arms and visible bones didn't have an impression of the men however, they looked at them like meatless meals, no use, and a waste of space. The fat man made a gesture to Will and suddenly whipped out a hand pistol and blew the head of the lady. Without even thinking, he had pulled the trigger like it was nothing. I dropped my hands to my mouth as I almost cried out in horror. But my silenced whimper went noticed. The two men looked down towards me in sync, the way I dog sees a squirrel. I was another prize.

Will subtly whispered in the fat mans ear, who soon lost interest in me, returning to the next girl. The guard by this cell handed him a small object. I could quite make out...oh no... I could I be so naive, of course. The realization hit me like a train. The pregnancy test was shared between the man and Will, both equally disappointed. Will raised the pistol again, this time he seemed burdened, not in the empathetic way, but in annoyance, guns were to impersonal, less fun, I could see it in his lifeless cold eyes. He blew her away in an instant, ready for the next kill.

The next two cells were sparred, both worthy in the eyes of these evil men. The cell before us, made things different...difficult. They were both stripped and examined by the soldiers, I wasn't sure if their was actually something wrong or if this was an act to demoralize the woman, to show how much control these men had. One of the girls turned around, reaching her hand out towards Will. They seemed familiar. He was accepting to her touch as she grabbed his collar. I pleaded with him, staring up at him with wide eyes, often turning towards the fat man. They seemed strangely interested. "What is he doing?" I whispered to Catherine, trying not to catch the attention of the guards. Catherine hushed me, afraid of being noticed for talking without granted permission, which I doubt any woman is ever given in this place. Was she trying to escape, did she really like these dudes, had they given her favors in the past? But to my dismay the moment my eyes left the crowd, the sound of crushing bone, and another boom erupted, blood had splattered the other girl as the other lay lifeless on the floor. At this moment I saw no chance of surviving this place.
Slowly the group of men turned to the last cell. My cell. Ready to get this all over and done with, Will even loaded his gun, completely and emotionlessly prepared to end another person life. My heart sank like I stone in the sea, throbbing like a drum. My eyes began to blacken as blood and sweat warmed my body to the point of what felt like lava. Of course they saw the fear in our eyes, of course they knew what they were doing. They see this as a type of sport, like cruel hunting. The fat man snatched Catherine's wrist, closely looking at her wounds, he shook his head in disappointment, he cocked his head to Will, who prepared his gun. Suddenly my body boiled, my muscles tightened and before thinking about what happen to me I spoke up. Which was the dumbest thing I have ever done.

"Wait!" I snapped, everyone turned to me, shocked at listening. Will was ordered to dropped his gun, whether he wanted to or not. The fat man focused his attention on me, narrowing his eyes. He stepped closer, close enough to tower over me, like a fat tree. He raised his hand and struck down, setting my cheek on fire. I collapsed holding my hand against my face helplessly. I couldn't look, I didn't dare face them again. I was waiting my bullet, the one which would instantly end this all. Waiting, waiting...it never came. I was relieved and disappointed, an odd mix but in my case, was a feeling I was beginning to be familiar with.

"Take this one to the kitchen, as for this one...if she isn't better tomorrow then have Alex deal with it" the fat man before turning and walking away with his gang. I was grabbed and hoisted into the air to be out back in my cell. I opened my eyes to see the metal door coming closer. What? What's going on, no! This can't be. Outside awaited Will, arms folded and smirking. Was I being led to the slaughter chamber? I wasn't ready, I might have been before but not now. They spared only to kill me again? The look on Wills face said it all...or did it.