Part 25

His eyes were filled with something I couldn't understand, a hunger, a thirst. I had a feeling Will was a Psychopath. Just a hunch.

The click and release of the lock seemed to set off an alarm within my mind as I sat fearless. He crept towards me, spinning the keys around his index finger, entertained. He was here to taunt me, the way a wild animal does with its food. I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction.

"What are you doing?" He asked, narrowing his eyes, but keeping the smirk on his lips. I didn't know what he was asking. The question seemed dumb, so I decided to play the same move. Trying to get comfortable, I sat it, catching his gaze. "I could ask you the same thing" I said back. Having fun, he chucked slightly. "Have you even been mugged before?" He asked. His questions were starting to concern me. Which is stupid, considering I was literally locked in an underground lair in a cell with a pedo.

"Why?" I snapped back, fuelling his enjoyment and curiosity. He sighed and dropped his shoulders, looking off into the ceiling corner. "I just figured a woman like you would be likely to get mugged or..you know" he said. I was starting to follow, the rapist can't say the word rape in front of me, that's funny. "Why are you here?" I asked, not sure how he'd respond.

The question hooked him, and he turned to face me again. "You know I've been in a fair share of brawls and fights" he said proudly, typical of the guy to show off. I pretended to act shocked. I know he'd want that, anything to feed his ego. "Yeah, couple blows to the head, doesn't feel too flash" he said sharply as he looked at me seriously.

"It feels likes someone's taken a blowtorch to your skull, or shot a gun 5 millimetres from your ear, something like that" he shrugged.

"If it hurts so much, why would you get involved?" I asked honestly. The question seemed to catch him off guard. His eyes went cloudy and I saw the thoughts fly through his mind. 'Which one sounds more brave' he must be thinking.

"I do it for my country, and for revenge" he said plainly, I couldn't tell if that's what he truly felt. "You know me being here right now is a risk" he smirked. I raised my eyebrows in curiosity. "So why are you here?" I asked. He looked at me and seemed to laugh to himself. As if the answer was obvious. "Because you're here" he smiled childishly. It was then it began to sink in. This man was I
Unpredictable, and that's what worried me.
"I can help you escape you know" he began, "I mean I don't have a plan but whatever you can come up with, I can make it happen" I looked around and then back to me. Waiting for an answer.
I grew suspicious, something wasn't right. Then again, what about the man ever seems right.
"I smell a mutiny" I teased. The comment made him visibly annoyed. I knew exactly what he wanted. And there was no way i was going to give it to him.
"Don't play all innocent, I know you would do anything to leave this place, to be free.. isn't that right?" She snickered. He was right, I was willing to do almost anything to escape.
"What would they do to do you if they found out you tried helping me escape?" I asked, partially knowing the answer, but I wanted him to say it. He looked at me, thinking for a moment, I'm not sure if he was thinking about the answer, or wondering what my intentions were.
"Nothing as bad as what they'd do to a cutie like you" he smiled strangely. "You know, I'm not like them" he began. His tense motion loosened and he seemed to become more comfortable and natural. "How so?" I asked. "I know I seem like an evil bastard, but I still have a heart, I still have emotions just like everyone else" he said softly and almost innocently. "I don't believe you" I rolled my eyes. Surprisingly my comment didn't budge him. "I know you don't see it" he said slowly, "we all have a reason why we act the way we act, do the things we do, say the things we say" he said, lifting his eyes to meet mine intimately.

"And what's your reason?" I asked genuinely interested. He smiled.