Part 19

Tessa's POV

I awoke back in my cell. My eyes were sore and hard to open. My cheek that was hit was swollen a little and every bone in me was tired. I slowly turned my head around looking for Catherine. She was leaned up against the corner her eyes barely open but not quite shut. She must be tired too, or maybe they took her. I tried to sit up in the other corner.
"Are you okay?" I whispered to her, she didn't register but I knew she heard me. I leant my head back to rest my neck and sighed.

"You're very lucky" she said emptily. I looked back at her not understanding what she meant. "What do you mean?" I asked, is she crazy, has she forgotten where we both are right now. I turned her head slowly and slightly open her eyes a little more. As she moved I noticed the bruises. They covered her neck and even one of her eyes was badly swollen. Oh no... I hope that wasn't because of what I did last night. I didn't know how to react. Slowly tears began to puddle in her eyes, glistening in the dim light like diamonds.

"If it helps...I know how to escape" I suddenly lit up as I remembered. She didn't react, lifeless it seemed. "I know, it's not actually an exit" she said hopelessly. "What? It has to be!" I said louder and frustrated. She snapped her head my way and held up her finger to her lips. We waited a moment listening for anyone but thankfully it was quiet. She shuffled closer to talk. "There is no escaping this" she said harshly. "How do you know?" I questioned her, angry at how hopeless she was. She moved away back to her corner and thought a while.
"Please Catherine, if I think of a strategy and then a route we can both-" I began mapping out the scheme outloud until she stopped me. "I'm going back to sleep" she said, as if slamming a door in my face. I froze for a second shocked at her. It almost made me more determined, for us to both escape, for us to see the blue sky and warm sun once again, and our families.

I spent the next hour, maybe even a day thinking over a plan. Time escaped me but at least no one payed us any visits. I tried to retrace my steps to where the door was. I remembered the strange lobby area and the white walls in the long corridor. We needed to be fast, we needed a distraction. What if Isaac helped. The thought of him made my face frown, I hated the idea of being near him. I was have to pretend I trusted him as well. What if we went through the vents, are there even vents in this place? I began looking up around the cell and failed. We could set the place on fire and have everyone burn inside, although we would need to help all the other girls escape. And what if there's more we don't know about. All these questions could only be answered by Isaac. I thought about it for a second, the possibility of him helping us. He would never do it... not unless we offered him something or threatened him...

So far my only plan was to rot and die, it's not exactly the perfect escape. I refused the idea of having Isaac involved but it might be our only way. He could be a distraction, and I could steal the locks to everything and get everyone out. Although I still wanted to burn everything.
Despite all these brilliant ideas, I knew my best bet was Isaac, without him we didn't really stand a chance to escape. I rubbed my shoulders thinking it all over. Fine...
If there's one thing I'm good at... it's seducing guys. 

Dirty desiresOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara