Chapter 47 My Best Friend

(So I'm doing some episodes from season four that I originally wanted to do but didn't fit in the story correctly. I couldn't figure out how to place them when they appeared in the show so these events happened after the End chapters! Also I was a little apprehensive about writing this chapter because of the topic. But I do find that this episode had a good message and I did enjoy it when I was younger.)

Y/N's pov

  I smirked after Cy pulled the old maid out of my hand, I could see her eye start to twitch. Bolt wore a confused look on his face after grabbing one of Cy's cards.
"Friends please explain. Why is it the bad to be the old maid?"
  Before any of us could answer three ships flew over the tower. Robyn looked at us before nodding her head, abandoning our game we headed up to the roof. I got a better look of a larger ship being persuade by two smaller ones. We watched as the larger ship avoided the smaller ones attacks, dodging them easily.
"Who ever they are." Cy spoke her eyes following the ship "They are a good pilot." The ship flew above one of the smaller ones shooting its wings off while watching out for the other ship behind them "Scratch that! A great pilot."
My eyes widen when the pilot of the ship flew out from above and landed on the smaller one. The silver man climbed on top of the ship before smashing something, causing them the fly past us. The man turned the ship away from town before crashing in the forest nearby.
Once arriving at the crash sight I jumped off of Rave's magic platform and followed the others. Smoke surrounded the area as the silver man walked out, not a scratch on him.
  "It takes more than a plasmatic implosion to bring down Val-Yor."
  "Wow!" Robyn muttered before approaching the man "That was some amazing flying!"
  "Thank you." The man smirked nodding at Robyn "Val-Your of Vernathia. Pleased to meet you."
"I'm Robyn and we're the Teen Titans." Robyn pointed at us "This is Rave, Y/N, Beast Boy,-"
  "Cy!" I watched as Cy introduced herself, shaking Val-Yor's hand "You really do know how to make an entrance."
"All in a days work." The man smirked "Well I usually fight more then two of them-"
Val-Yor paused for a moment as he raised an eyebrow. I followed his gaze, he looked confused staring at a Bolt. My best friend just smiled as he approached him.
"Val-Yor." Bolt beamed opening his arms "I welcome you to earth!"
  "I see you have a Tamaranean."
  "Yes." I spoke squinting at Val-Yor, I didn't appreciate the tone of his voice "Starbolt is apart of the team. Do-"
  "Hey." Cy cut me off turning towards Val-Yor, I just sighed "Who were those guys?"
"They weren't guys at all." He spoke turning towards his ship "It's better if I can show you."
Arriving at the tower Val-Yor pulled out a drive before plugging it into the main computer. I sat down next to Rave as pictures of strange looking creatures appeared on screen.
  "The Locrix are vicious fighting machines."
  "Machines? "Our leader questioned "What do they want?"
"Nothing less than total galactic domination. The Locrix think they are superior to organics..." Val-Yor put his hands against his hips "and they are determined to wipe us out."
  "But you have defeated them?" Bolt spoke up "Correct?"
"Those were only scouts.." Val-Yor sighed, his eyes filled with annoyance "There are still many more. I've been battling the Crixies about as long as I can remember. They tried to take over Vernathia, but I wasn't about to let that happen."
  "So how do we stop them?" Robyn asked her eyes never leaving the screen "Now that they are trying to take over Earth we want to help."
"I can use all the help I can get." Val-Yor said as the screen changed "But I have to warn you, it's going to be dangerous. Those Crixies are tough. They won't give up without a fight. I'm on a mission to hit them where they live. Sentien, the mother planet. And I'm taking a Class Five quantum eradicator. Once I plug it into their central power core, it'll shut 'em down forever."
  After preparing everything we needed my team and I followed Val-Yor to his ship. I leaned my head against Rave as Val-Yor took the controls and headed towards space. Once out of our atmosphere he put the ship on auto pilot before walking over to stand in front of us. I listened as he told his past adventures, the others fully emerged in his stories as I looked over the control panel and stared at space.
"Just installed a new neutron-turbo engine." Val-Yor smirked looking at Cy "Wanna give it a spin."
Cy followed him before he started to give everyone else things to do. Robyn was navigating as BG and Rave were asked to man the blasters. Rave squeezes my hand before getting up, leaving me alone with Bolt.
  "Um is there a task for us?" Bolt asked standing up and approaching Val-Yor "I believe Friend Y/N would like to be the helpful just as much as I."
Before he could answer a blast was heard from behind us, this ship started to shake. I fell against Rave as he caught me.
"Cy keep the ship steady." Val-Yor commanded before pointing at me "You four come with me!"
I raised an eyebrow at the order, why did he not asked Bolt. I turned toward my best friend before grabbing his hand. If I was going to help so was he.
  We entered the room were the quantum generator was, the Crixies already inside. My team and Val-Yor split off to fight, each taking a few creatures. I was carful with my powers, not wanting to catch the ship on fire. I relied on my combat skills to knock the Crixies down before punching their face with my flames.
"Nice going kid!" Val-Yor called looking at me "Keep it up!"
I rolled my eyes at his comment before going back to fighting. I could hear his voice complimenting everyone besides Bolt. I turned around after finishing my last guy to see Bolt throw one against the quantum generator. The lights on it starting to beep and flash before it stabilized itself.
"Watch it!" Val-Yor yelled at Bolt "Are you trying to blow up the ship?"
  "I am the sorry." Bolt apologized "It will not happen next time."
"There won't be a next time!" I stood next to a Bolt as Val-Yor turned away from us to finish off the Crixies "Good work everyone. Okay, team. Back to the bridge. We need to be ready in case they're foolish enough to launch another attack."
  Rave turned to me extending his hand but I shook my head. I wanted to make sure Bolt was alright. Rave seemed to understand as he sent me a nod before following Robyn and BG.
"I wish to apologize." Bolt spoke turning towards Val-Yor "I did not mean to endanger the ship."
"I don't need any help from a stupid Troq."
My eyes widened as Val-Yor walked away, a gasp leaving Bolt's lips. For about a year now Bolt has been teaching me his language to the point I could hold up a conversation. I knew what the word meant and I clenched my fists about to follow Val-Yor and give him a piece of my mind.
"Friend Y/N!" Bolt stopped me, placing a hand on my shoulder I turned to look at him "It is the okay. Please do not do anything."
"But Bolt! He can't just-" the look in my best friends eyes told me to drop it, I sighed in defeat "Fine but if this gets out of hand don't expect me to keep my mouth shut. Come on, the others are probably waiting."
I walked besides Bolt as we followed the rest of our team around the ship. I listened as they spoke about the praises Val-Yor had given them. Reaching over I squeezed Bolt's hand before Robyn turned to us.
"Come on you two." She smiled happily "We don't want to be late for the briefing."
I just nodded my head as BG, Cy, and Robyn raced down the hallway. Rave stopped to looked at us, his eyes caught mine.
"What's wrong?" He spoke walking closer to me "I can tell something is bothering you."
"It's nothing." I sighed looking up at him "We should hurry before we are late for the briefing.."
  Rave just nodded his head before grabbing my other hand. I smiled sadly, happy to be with my favorite guys but sad that one was being mistreated. Squeezing both their palms we headed towards the bridge.
  Rave raised an eyebrow in worry as I sat  further away from the others with Bolt. I could tell that me keeping silent was concerning him but I couldn't tell him, not without breaking Bolt's trust. I just sighed bringing my knees to my chest as Val-Yor spoke.
  "Y/N, Bolt come closer." Robyn turned to look at us "You are missing the briefing."
"We can gather everything from here.."
Robyn looked at Bolt in confusion before nodding. I leaned my head against Bolt's shoulder as Val-Yor gave out jobs. He turned towards us asking if we had gotten everything but not before calling Bolt Troqie. I growled about to stand up before my best friend pulled me back down. The alarms went off before Val-Yor went to look at the controls.
"Mines." He spoke " A dirty Locrix trap. Our ship won't be able to pass through the minefield. If one goes, they'll all go." He turned to look at us "This is a job for you, Troqie. Get out there and move those mines."
"Is it safe?" Robyn interjected "Will he be okay?"
"It's just a few mines."
"Well Val-Yor." Bolt's voice laced with venom "You are such a brave warrior. Are you sure you do not wish to move these devices yourself?"
  "Of course I could but I'm needed in here!" He spat, I growled at his tone "Besides your people can withstand the conditions of space."
I followed Bolt into on of the lower areas of the ship. I could tell that Val-Yor's words had hurt him. The door slid open just as Bolt had finished getting ready, Cy walked in looking at us in concern.
"Are you sure you want to do this.?"
"Yes.." Bolt muttered "I want to prove my usefulness."
"Hurry up!" A voice spoke from the computer screen, I looked to see Val-Yor's face "We don't have all day Troq."
  "Why's he call you that?" Cy asked as Val-Yor's face vanished from the screen "What's it mean?"
  "It means nothing.."
  I looked at Bolt in worry before he walked towards the door. Sighing I followed Cy back to the bridge where the others were. I sat next to Rave before bucking myself in as we watched Bolt move the mines, my eyes full of worry.
"Nice an easy." Val-Yor spoke, I looked over at him in annoyance "We don't want any mistakes this time." I kept my eyes on Bolt as he moved the mines, two of them coming close to each other "Watch it Troqie! They're on a collision course."
  I stared at my best friend in worry as he flew between the two mines. BG closed her eyes on fear as Bolt started to plush them apart, he flew past one accidentally kicking it. The mine started to glow blue.
  "You tripped the detonator." Val-Yor yelled "You only have twenty seconds!"
  I wanted to stand up but the seat buckle kept me in place. My eyes filled with worry and concern watched as Bolt flew further away with mine, and explosion going off soon. I ripped my safety belts off to stand up I looked at the area of the explosion in sadness and anger.
  "You may proceed safely."
  "Way to go Bolt!" I cheered "I'll meet you in the hanger!"
  Cy followed behind me as we walked down the hallway. I was relieved to know he was okay. The door slid open a few minutes later and Bolt walked in patting his hair down.
  "Way to go Troqie!"
  "Ahh!" Bolt gasped as I looked at Cy in horror "You do not call me that!"
  "What's the big deal?" Cy asked in concern "Val-Yor calls you that all the time."
  "Just because he says it.." Bolt muttered as I pulled him into a hug "Doesn't make it right.."
  "What's going on with you two?" Cy spoke, her eyes moving between Bolt and I "You said it didn't mean anything."
  "No.." Bolt pulled out of my arms before hugging himself "I said it meant nothing.. When Val-Yor calls me 'Troq' he's saying I am worthless, a nothing.. Many people think Tamaraneans inferior. Troq is what they call us.."
"Did you know about this?" Cy turned to me in shock, I nodded my head "Why didn't either of you say something?"
"I promised I wouldn't.." I muttered "At least not tell now! I can't keep letting him call you that Bolt!"
"I know friend Y/N.." He sighed before looking at Cy "Do you know what it's like to be mistreated just because you are different?"
"Of course I do.." Cy spoke "I'm half robot. Come on let's go tell Robyn."
  "Wait." Bolt grabbed Cy's arm "Can we not tell her just yet?"
  "She want to know now." Cy said grabbing his hand "Come on."
  "Is it alright if I tell Rave?" I asked looking up at Bolt "I can tell me being distant from him is causing him concern."
  "Of course Friend Y/N!" Bolt hugged me tightly "I am the sorry I made you keep my secret. It was the selfish.."
  "No it wasn't." I sighed before we walking into the bridge "Hey Rave can we talk?"
  My boyfriend stood up nodding his head as he walked over to me. Cy had just called Robyn over to her and Bolt when I let out a deep breath.
  "Val-Yor has been miss treating Bolt.." I muttered looking at the floor "That's why I've been with him this entire trip and distant from everyone. The name he is calling Bolt is an insult to his people. I wanted to tell you but I also wanted to keep Bolt's request to not do anything.."
  "It's okay." Rave spoke, his hands finding my shoulders "We won't let him get away with this."
  I smiled up at my boyfriend, kissing his cheek before alarms went off. We must be close to our destination.
"We've arrived at Sentien." Val-Yor boomed "Prepare for landing!"
  Yellow blasts shot out from the planet beneath us. I grabbed onto the seat Rave was at as he worked on some controls, Cy dodging all the attacks. Once close to the planets surface the ship was out on auto drive as we got ready for the fight.
  "Remember your places!" Val-Yor commanded "Robyn, Cy take the lead. Beast Girl, Rave, and Y/N guard our escape route. I'll take the quantum generator."
"And Bolt?" I growled gripping the bar above my head tightly "What about him?"
  "Guard the ship." Val-Yor spat turning to glare at Bolt "Troq."
  "No! I'm going with you!" Bolt yelled, Val-Yor growled that it was an order "I do not take orders from you! If my friends go into danger so do I! Besides my people can stand the harsh conditions.."
  Once the ship had landed we are surrounded by Crixies. I followed behind the others helping make a path for Bolt and Val-Yor. I jumped over the cables the Crixies shot out, each one having a claw at the end. Using my powers I burned them off as Rave gave me back up.
  I ran at one of them with my fists in flames before punching it in its Central core processor destroying it. Another Crixie was about to attack me when black magic lifted it up and threw it backwards. I turned my head to give Rave a smile before going back to fighting.
I pushed myself off the ground with my flames to give me a boost in the air before smashing my fists into the two near by machines. The fight seemed to never end tell them Crixies started to beep. I watched as each one fell over, the ground littered with their bodies.
"Bolt and Val-Yor!" Robyn smiled "They did it!"
"No." I spoke seeing Bolt fly towards us with an injured Val-Yor "He did it."
Robyn and Rave tended to Val-Yor once back on the ship as Cy piloted us home. I helped onto Rave's hand as we got off the ship, Val-Yor stared at us all.
  "Thank you all." Val-Yor smiled "I couldn't have done this without your help."
  "Don't thank us." Robyn spoke "Thank Starbolt."
  "Yeah!" BG joined in as Bolt rubbed his arm nervously "He's the one who saved your sorry butt."
  "Thank.. you.." Val-Yor paused for a moment "Starbolt. I have to admit you're not bad for a Tr-. Tamaranean. You must be one of the good ones."
"No.." Bolt shook his head "The fact that I rescued you does not make me any better than other Tamaraneans."
"I'm just trying to give you a compliment."
"Really?" I snapped "Why's it still sound like an insult?"
"Val-Yor." Robyn spoke moving closer to Bolt "I think it's time for you to go."
"I thought you Earthlings were all right." The silver man spoke turning away "I guess I was wrong. You're just like the Troqs."
I growled at him clenching my fists as Rave held me back. I wanted to yell and scream at him not to call Bolt that! That Bolt was the greatest person I ever met! But I knew it wouldn't change his mind.. I sighed looking over at my best friend before running towards him and hugging him.
"I'm sorry he treated you like that.." Robyn looked at the ground, her hands in fists "If I had know I would of never of let it happen. None of us would!"
"The only reason friend Y/N did not say the anything was because I asked her to.." Bolt sighed letting me go before looking at the sunset "There is nothing you could have done.
There will always be people who say mean words because you are different, and sometimes, their minds cannot be changed. But there are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from." He turned to us smiling "Those are the people whose words truly matter.