Chapter 44 Heading To Hell

Y/N's pov

Following close behind the raven I could hear the yelling of a female. I looked up to see Robyn hanging off the ledge of a building before Cy appeared grabbing her. They were safe. I slowly scaled up the side of the building before arms wrapped around me. I looked up noticing Bolt hugging me close.
  "Friend Y/N!" He cheered holding my waist "You are alright!"
  "D-did you guys see it too?" I asked pulling out of Bolt's grip "The raven?"
  "It led us all here.." BG spoke "Almost all of us.."
"I never got to say it back.." I muttered looking at the ground, tears started to prick my eyes before falling "Never got to tell him I loved him.."
"Trust me Y/N, he knew.." Cy patted my shoulder "We are the only ones left."
  "B-but how is this possible?" I listened as Bolt spoke, my eyes still focused on the ground "How did we survive?"
  "It was Rave.." I muttered "He saved us, when I felt like giving up I could hear him. His voice told me to keep going.. He saved us.."
"The last thing I remember before Rave knocked us out at the tower, he said be safe." Robyn turned to face us "He did something, something that protected us from Trigon."
  "As if it matters." Cy spat "Look around there's nothing left. What's the point?"
  "Hope."
  Robyn and I turned to each other in wonder as the word left our mouth's in unison. Hope was the only thing I had left..
  "That's the point." Robyn spoke up looking at each of us "As long as we are still here, we still have a chance. And that's why we are going to keep fighting." She placed her hand in front of us "For Rave."
  "For Rave."
  Bolt's hand was placed on top of Robyn's.
  "For Rave."
  Cy joined in placing her hand above theirs.
  "For Rave."
  BG smiled as her hand went on the top.
  "For Rave."
  As the words left my mouth, I laid my hand above BG's. Sparks of black magic surrounded our hands causing us to jump back as it exploded. I looked down at my palm, magic still lingering against it.
"Rave might not of been able to stop Trigon from coming." Robyn lifted her arm up, black flames formed against her gloved covered fingers "But he gave us away to fight him, he left us some of his powers."
  "And it grows stronger." Bolt reached down lifting up my hand "As we stand as one."
  I nodded my head towards my best friend, a small smile grazed my lips. A part of him was still with us, Rave was still with me.
"Trigon!" BG yelled "Here we come!"
I had one arm wrapped around Bolt's neck and my legs latched around his waist as we flew towards Trigon. The two of us attacked together as the others followed suit. Trigon opened her eyes as we landed on a flat rock.
  "Trigon!" Robyn yelled "Stand up and fight!"
" insignificant insects."
"Titans." I turned towards my leader "Time to show her what we got!"
"I have used Rave's powers before." Bolt grabbed my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze at the mention of Rave "They are controlled by emotions. The more we feel the more energy is released."
  "So in other words." Cy cracked her knuckles "Get angry!"
  "Trust me.." I growled "I'm pissed!"
The others grabbed the person's hand next to them as magic surrounded us. I grumbled in pain as the power went through my body. All the thoughts of Rave in my mind replaced with all the hate I had felt from my entire life. Experiments, Blood, and the death of Rave sank in my mind as we all spoke in unison-
  "Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos!"
  A beam of black magic left our bodies and swirled around, heading in Trigon's direction. Her yells in pain filled the air as the magic wrapped around the demon. Trigon pauses for a moment before her four red eyes opened, each glowing with power.
  "You may think it wise to attack me as I gather my strength." A menacing smile formed across her lips "But as you can see not even a farewell gift from my son can help you. Be gone!"
Red magic shot towards us breaking through Rave's, knocking us out of the sky. Sitting up I growled from the landing as I looked around. Statues of the cloaked figures stared at us.
"Why here..?" I muttered "Why out of every place here?"
  "Please." Bolt cried "I wish to leave."
  "And go where?" Cy raised her voice "The world is toast and the only person who would know what to is.. I wish he were here to help."
"I know what we saw.." Robyn spoke from the staircase she had climbed "But it just doesn't feel like Rave is gone."
"That's because he isn't."
  "You!" I yelled running towards the voice, I pinned Slade against the nearby wall with one hand covered in fire "Why are you here?"
  "It's great to see you too Y/N." She spoke "I'm not here to fight, I'm here to help."
  "Like hell!" I growled pushing her towards the ground, I watched the masked women fall to her knees "What after losing your powers you decided to be helpful?"
"You're friend can still be saved." Slade spoke, I hissed aiming a fire ball towards her face "What Trigon did, not even I would go this far. I only offer my assistance because it suits me. If you want your friend back I suggest you listen."
"but we saw Rave become the portal." Bolt's voice was laced in sadness, I slowly put down my arm "He was destroyed."
"Rave has fulfilled the prophecy of his birth, that part of him is gone." I glared at the women as she slowly walked past me "But there is another part of him still remains, for the moment."
  "Why?" Robyn growled "Why tell us? What's in it for you?"
  "My reasons are of my own." Slade looked back at me "Do you want your friend back or not?"
"Just tell us where he is!" I could hear Cy growl as I watched Slade "And we'll go get him."
  "There is no we." Slade turned to look back at us "This is a journey only one of you can take."
  "No way!" BG yelled "He's our friend! All of us are going!"
  "The your friend is doomed." Slade sighed "You fail to realize, Trigon is all seeing. Her mind can be at any place at any time. For us to succeed she must be distracted."
"And how do you expect us to do that!" Cy spat "We already tried fighting her and look where we ended up!"
  "It's the end of the world." Slade spoke "You think it was going to be easy? I don't expect you to win. I don't even expect you to live."
"Great pep talk.." I sighed crossing my arms
"I'll go with you-"
"Robyn no." I cut my leader off "I'm going. I have to.."
"Y/N! You can't!"
"Please Bolt." I smiled at my best friend "I have to, I have to try. Robyn let me go.. for him. The titans need you here."
Robyn nodded her head as she placed her hand on my shoulder. She gave it a squeeze before we turned back to Slade.
"This journey to this world has taken a toll out of Trigon's powers." The masked women held a ring in her palm "With this you might be able to survive. It's a ring of Azar, forged by the same order that imprisoned Trigon. I know from experience that it works."
Bolt picked up the ring before sliding it onto his finger. I smiled up at him before he pulled me into a tight hug. BG looked at me before joining in soon Robyn and Cy followed.
"I know you guys can do it. I'll bring him back, I promise! I'm bringing him back.." I pulled out of my friends arms before turning towards Slade "Let's go."
  I gave my friends one last wave as I followed Slade towards the stone stairway leading down.  We walked in silence, looking around at the stone walls that surrounded us as I thought. Rave could be brought back, I could save him.. the words in my mind rang "You are lost hope is gone, but you must go on.." Hope wasn't gone and I would bring you back Rave. I looked up at the door in front of us, the mark of Scath carved into it.
  "A warning." Slade spoke, her eye met mine "If we succeed I can't guarantee you'll like what we'll find."
"If there's any chance of bringing him back." I walked closer towards the door "I'll take it."
I stood next to Slade as we both pushed the at the marked doors. White lighted shinned in my eyes as it started to open. Following behind the white haired women, lava poured down a cliff in front of us. I could make out a boat at the bottom. I slide down the cliff, landing in front of the it.
"So is this the part I should be questioning why you did it?" I spoke as Slade rowed the boat and I stirred from behind "Doubt you'll give me a straight answer though."
"My reasons are of my own."
"Figured as much." Sighing I looked at the lava, a strange sound filled the air before the fire demons from before appeared "Never a dull moment with you. Huh?"
  I nodded at Slade before the two of us jumped off the boat. I landed on one of the demons heads, slamming it onto a rick platform before dodging another's attack. Running up the out stretched arm of fire and stone I kicked the demon into the lace before jumping back into the the floating stone. I looked over to see Slade handling herself fine as more attached me. Using my powers I boosted my self above two demons and smashed their heads together before flipping onto a nearby ledge. I used my flames to shoot myself off the side of the cliff and towards a demon about to strike Slade from behind. Slade grabbed my hand and lifted me up allowing me to kick a nearby demon and send it flying against three more. A demons arm flew out and hit Slade's face, apart of her mask flew off as I sent the demon into a nearby wall. She looked up at me and I raised my eyebrow at the skeleton face.
  "I rather you hadn't seen that."
  "So what are you exactly?" I asked as she placed her mask back over her features "A walking corpse?"
  "Let's just say I'm currently incomplete." She spoke walking past me "Terry's betrayal should of been my demise. But I was brought back with a deal of doing a few tasks. It was simple really, I complete them I get back my flesh and blood. A pity a things didn't work out as planned."
  "I'm not here just to save Rave." I sighed following behind her "I'm also here to help save you am I correct?"
  "A deals a deal."
I rolled my eyes at her words but continued behind her. We walked in silence, her foot stepped over a part of the part breaking,  I watched her fall down to a lower area. Sliding down, I tripped at little bit caught myself.
"You must be over joyed to see me like this?"
"I'm not Robyn." I spoke watching as she dusted herself off "Which way?"
  "I'm afraid this is where we part." She pointed at the path towards my right "You'll find your lover that way."
  "This doesn't change a thing."
  I turned away from Slade and started to walk down the stone road in front of me. I slowly walked my eyes scanning the details around me. The sounds of lava oozing and popping below me as I approached an area with rock like poles, fire burned on top of them. Demons crawled out of them and I sighed to myself before I started to fight.
  I continued on my walk and entered a building in ruins, it reminded me of the church I woke up in when Slade had first came back.    
  Something in my peripheral vision aight me eye. I tuned to see something white disappear behind on of the benches. I ran after it as the white figures jumped over a fallen piece of roof and landed on the ground. I pulled at the white fabric away and froze.
  "R-Rave."
  "W-who are you?"