Chapter 39 Answers

Y/N's pov

  I held onto Rave's hand as he teleported the three of us into Steel City. I let go of him before running in the direction of the woods.
  "Friend Y/N!" Bolt called "Wait for us!"
I let the two of them catch up before I set off again. The point between steel and trees where the sun shines at the peak. I had a clue where that was. We arrived in an open area between the forest and the city. It was already close to nightfall, I sighed in annoyance.
  "We need to come back.." I muttered "Durning the morning hours."
  "Don't worry." Rave spoke grabbing my hand "We will. Come on you need some sleep after today's events.."
I nodded my head looking up to met Rave's eyes. He lifted up his cloak and spun it around teleporting us back to the tower. Robyn and the others weren't back yet so I headed to the kitchen to start dinner.
  Once everything was finished cooking I headed upstairs, I wasn't hungry. I walked into my room before flopping onto my bed and closing my eyes. I reached over pulling a nearby pillow into my arms and curling my legs towards my chest.
  I was woken up with a gentle shove, meeting Rave's eyes. I looked out my window to notice the sun just barely peaking up from behind the ocean. I sighed sitting up and pushing my boyfriend out of my room to get dressed. Once ready I followed Rave down stairs to see Robyn waiting for us. She stuck a note on the monitor for the others before walking over to us.
  "Morning Y/N." She yawn handing me a cup of coffee in one of our to go mugs "You ready?"
  "Yeah.." I muttered sipping the hot liquid "I didn't think I was going to be woken up this early. One of you should of got me up last night to discuss this."
  "You needed your rest." Rave sighed grabbing my hand "And we need to be at Steel in order to see whatever this "shines at its peak" message means."
  I nodded my head leaning against his side still worn out. Rave pulled his hand out of mine before wrapping it around my waist to keep me stable next to him. I smiled taking another sip of coffee before the teleported the three of us.
We arrived in the same open area as yesterday , the sun still coming up between the city and forest. I chugged the rest of my coffee before tossing the mug to Robyn and running in the direction of the area between the tallest tree and building.
  Shadows from both the building and tree started to be casted in a long direction and met at a point after an twenty minute wait. I looked up from my communicator before heading towards the area above where the two shadows met. I fell to my knees and started to move around dirt.
  Rave and Robyn caught up to me before they both started to help. Rave used his powers to move dirt and grass away from the area. Soon a silver hatch was laying in front of us. I looked at the others as my heart sank.
  "That has to be it." Robyn said "Are you ready?"
  "I guess." I muttered my mouth going dry "I'm nervous about what we might find."
  "You'll be okay." Rave said giving me a reassuring nod "You have both of us with you this time."
  "I will say I'm impressed." Robyn spoke "How easy it was for you to figure out that riddle if we can even call it that."
  "The only way the two tops would met." I said "Would be their shadows so I just needed to find where they connected. It could of been at any time of the day, luckily it wasn't too long."
Robyn looked at the hatch before sighing, there was a password lock on it. She hooked her communicator up to the lock before she started to type. I leaned against Rave as we waited for her to break the code. Minutes passed til a ding was heard, Robyn slowly lifted the hatch.
  I looked at the others before nodding my head and started to climb the ladder down. Once my feet reached the ground I used my powers to create a light and gulped seeing my old prison. Rave and Robyn appeared next to me and the three of us headed deeper into the lab.
  "I wonder.." I muttered "If this place still has power."
  "It looks like everything was trashed." Robyn spoke "Whoever was here also seemed to have left in a hurry."
  "Wait!" I said when my eyes caught something "Look! It's a file."
   I ran over towards the folder laying on the ground and saw a note on it. My eyes scanned over it.
  "I hope this gives you the answers you desire. This is all I know and could find." I read "It's signed with a Z."
  "You're old guard must of left it here for you." Robyn said walking over to me "Figured you would want answers to your past. We can read it once we get home. Let's do a quick sweep to see if there is anything here."
  I clung onto Rave's arm as we walked around, squeezing his hand any time I saw something that brought up bad memories. Once we declared the lab empty Rave teleported the three of us home. It was around 10:30 when we arrived back at the tower, Cy was cooking breakfast as BG and Bolt gamed.
  "Friends you are back!" Bolt yelled once he saw us, flying over in our direction and hugging me "Did you find any of the thing?"
  "Zena left me my file." I said sitting on the couch "Everything else was cleaned out or destroyed."
The others came over towards me, Cy handing me a plate of waffles before taking a seat next to BG. Robyn and Rave sat on either side of me as Bolt hovered above me.
"I guess it's now or never." I sighed flipping the folder open and looking at the information in front of me "Some of this looks the same as the files Robyn found- Wait!"
"Y/N?" Beast Girl said I'm witty "What's wrong dudette?"
"She said my parents sold me! She said they were drug abusers!" I growled as my eyes scanned the paper "Should of known she lied! Blood always lied!"
"Friend Y/N?" Bolt spoke "What does the paper say?"
"It says they were executed." Robyn said after I handed the file to her and curled up next to Eave "According to this Y/N's father had been tracking Blood for three years. Her father was getting to close so Blood had him and Y/N's mother killed before taking Y/N. They died in a fire, it was supposed to kill Y/N as well but she survived. The file doesn't say how."
"That would explain why Y/N never appeared missing." Rave spoke, his arm around my shoulder as I hid my face against his chest "Police would of suspected her to have died in the fire with her parents."
"This entire time I believed my parents had sold me..." I muttered "I feel horrible.."
"Friend Y/N you didn't know!" Bolt said leaning in front of me "It is the okay."
"I'm sure they are proud of you." Cy spoke "Does the file say anything else?"
"There's more pictures, her blood type, list of tests the time period they took." Robyn said "The date Y/N was taken and the part about her parents. Her last name, parents name's, and birthday are blacked out."
"At least with Blood gone.." BG stared "She can't hurt you again. It's over..
"I just wish she was still alive.." I muttered "To ask her about my parents and just why. What made her think it was alright to experiment on a kid!"
"Some things are better unanswered.." Rave sighed "But we did learn something. You're parents didn't sell you. The probably really loved you Y/N. Remember that."
"I will." I sighed "Blood might of destroyed my first family but she can never hurt you guys again. Thank you for taking me in."
"We are a team Y/N." Robyn smiled patting my shoulder "A family."

End of season 3! Hope you enjoyed.