Chapter 42 Don't Take Him

Rave's pov

I looked down a Y/N as she sleep soundly next to me, red markings covering my body. Gently playing with her h/c hair, I sighed. Today was her last day, all their last day, I'd make it special. I slid out from her soft grip around my waist before heading towards the roof. I looked at my arm, at the symbols covering it. The sun was just starting to rise, it wasn't fair for everything to end on a day like this. 
  "Finally!" I hear her voice from behind me "I woke up can couldn't find you."
  "I ran into Y/N and decided to help." I turned to see Robyn standing next to Y/N "What are you doing up so early?"
"I could ask you the same thing." I spoke turning back to the ocean "I'm surprised you're still not asleep Y/N."
"I've always loved sunrises" Robyn smile walking over to me "The promise of a new day, endless possibilities. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day."
  "Yeah." I smiled looking down at Y/N before grabbing her hand "You two hungry?"
I grabbed the brown, oozing pancake with the spatula and yanked it off the stove. It flew backwards as Robyn caught it on her plate.
"Morning." I smiled to the others as they walked in, holding the plate of food in front of me "Pancakes?"
"Rave?" Y/N questioned as I placed a pancake on her plate "You alright?"
"Yes dear friend." Bolt cheered "What is the special occasion?"
"Can't I just do something nice?" I asked rubbing my arm "For my friends?"
"Uhh yeah.?" Beast Girl said confused "But you never have for."
"Be nice!" I heard Y/N speak as I turned away from the others "It was sweet of him to make us breakfast."
I watched my friends each bite into a pancake, Bolt smiled, Y/N shrugged, and the girls started to gag. Was it really that bad?
"Not horrible, better then Bolt's" Y/N laughed, I turned to her with a smile "Thank you Rave. Means a lot."
"What a glorious way to start the day." Bolt chuckled "More please."
"So?" I said turning to look at everyone "Do you guys want to maybe hang out?"
  "It will have to wait." Robyn looked down at her communicator "We have trouble."
  I carried Y/N on my magic platform as we arrived in town. I froze seeing trucks being thrown around til I noticed who it was.
  "Plasmus." I sighed in relief "It's just him."
  "Yeah!" Beast Girl called after pushing some rubble off of herself "But he's still ugly."
I dropped Y/N to the ground so she could attack as I started the throw cars towards him. He started to swallow fluid out of a tank as Robyn attacked him. She was thrown off and I used my magic to save her.
"Thanks!" She smiled running towards the fight "I owe you one!"
I nodded my head slowly before watching Y/N punch Plasmus with one of her fists covered in flames. She started to yelled when she got pulled in. I flew towards her and pulled her out, carrying her in my arms.
"Thanks Rave." She giggles placing a kiss on my cheek "You can put me down now."
Bolt had just flown through Plasmus rescuing Cy when I looked back up. I wanted this over with. Flying towards Plasmus, I used my powers to make a barrier cutting his arm from reaching Cy.
"Let's just finish this!" I growled crossing my legs "Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos."
My soul left my body and flew into Plasmus grabbing the human body inside. His goo body exploded as I returned to my own. The others looked at me with a mixture of confusion and shock.
  "Pizza?" I asked walking over and pulling Y/N close to me
  She looked up at in confusion as the others nodded, I didn't want her to find out. She knew me better then anyone and I could see she was starting to become concerned. I just wanted her to have the best last day with her friends and myself.
  "Mine!"
  Everyone's hands reached for the last slice of pizza. I listened as they argued who should win, Bolt finally grabbing the piece. I smiled turning towards Y/N before gently grabbing her hand. She squeezed back slowly as her eyes met mine. Those e/c eyes, one of the many things I would miss about her. The ghost of a smile forming on her lips broke my heart. I'd do anything to protect that smile.
After my team and I had finished eating we decided to go to the park. I smiled as we walked, my hand still holding on to Y/N's when Beast Girl yelled. I turned around in fear as she held up a penny, I let out a sigh of relief.
"So any of you dudes and dudettes up for an extreme game!" Cy smiled holding up a ball of smelly socks "Of extreme stank ball after lunch?"
"Sure." I spoke "Sounds fun."
  "But you hate anything extreme!" Beast Girl yelled in my face "Or stanky!"
  "Uh maybe I never gave it a chance." I said backing up pulling Y/N along with me "Y/N I was wondering if later tonight we could go out on a date?" 
  "A d-date?" She spoke before her hand was placed onto my forehead "Are you sick? Pancakes, pizza, stank ball, and a date? What's gotten into you?"
"I just want everyone to have a nice day today." I said pulling away from her "Come on we have a lot to do before sunset."
I stopped moving as the sun started to turn black. My body jerked around, pain surged through my bones as I yelled. I felt weak as I started to fall, my head never hitting the ground as a pair of arms caught me. I looked up meeting a pair of teary e/c eyes as my vision focused.
"Why didn't you tell us?" I could make out the voice of Robyn "It's happening isn't it?"
  "Please Rave.." Bolt spoke "Today is the day. It is-"
  "The end of the world."
  I felt tears run down my face as Y/N pulled me closer towards her. Keep my eyes shut I gently wrapped my arms around the trembling girl in front of me holding her tight as I let myself cry. She pressed my head against her chest as she cried against me as well, my heart shattering from the sobs leaving her.
Y/N's lips pressed against my forehead before she pulled away into Bolt's arms. Robyn and Cy lifted me up, my legs weak as we slowly headed towards the T-car. At the tower Cy helped me walk as we passed through multiple doors.
"Okay guys." I looked up towards Robyn as she spoke "Just as we planned."
  "What are you guys doing?" I asked in worry "Where are you taking me?"
  "You said there was nothing we could do. We didn't agree." Robyn stated as we continued to walk "So we've been preparing for this day."
  Y/N gently slipped her hand into mine as Robyn pressed her's against a lock. The door opened showing a blue and white room covered in symbols.
  "You did this for me?" I spoke, my eyes widening "Why?"
  "We are ready." She spoke turning back to look at me, the way her mask was I could see she was serious "To take on Trigon."
  "No you can't!" I squeeze Y/N's hand tighter "Just go! Save yourselves!"
  "No because we need you!" Y/N cried, I looked down at her tear stained eyes "I need you.."
  "Y/N.."
  "Our plan is simple, Trigon needs you to become the portal." Robyn spoke once more "But if she can't reach you, the portal will not happen." 
  "You can't.." I sighed "She's too strong.."
  "We will."
  "You'll be safe in here." Cy said as she let me go, I stood in the middle of the room still grasping Y/N's hand "I installed all the latest  technology. Nothing is getting in here."
  "And these symbols." Bolt pointed "Should keep out everything else."
  "We took them from your books." Beast Girl smiled "Just incase you needed some extra mojo."
  "But it won't make a difference!" I raised my voice "Today the prophecy will happen. There's no stopping her."
  "We haven't lost yet." Y/N said squeezing my hand once more "No villain has stopped us yet."
  "Trigon isn't a villain." I spoke pulling my hand out of hers to cross my arms "She is the incarnation of evil. You don't know Trigon."
  "And Trigon doesn't know us." I followed Robyn's hand as she pointed up "We'll be up there if you need us. Just stay in here."
  "Here." Beast Girl said placing something in my hand, I opened it seeing the penny "For good luck."
  As she left Y/N ran towards me, her arms being thrown around me tightly. We stayed in silence as I hugged her back , kissing her head gently. I would protect her from this, like the way she's been trying to protect me. She lifted her head up and pressed her lips against mine briefly, I watched as she walked out the door. Her smile being the last thing I saw as the door slid shut.
  I sighed closing my eyes as I started to float, crossing my legs under me I stared to meditate. They can't stop her, no one can. But they are willing to try for me. They did everything for me, she did everything for me. If anyone can stop Trigon, maybe they could.
  "You no better then to fill you mind with such little ideas."
  "You're not here!" My hand folded over the penny I had been holding "You can't be."
  "I'm always here. You are apart of me. Forever!" 
  "Get out!" I growled "Get out!"
"There is no stopping what is about to happen." My eyes opened showing the area around me covered in fire "You were born for this reason, so I could rule the earth."
  "What if I refuse!" I yelled turning towards her red eyes "What if I don't become the portal?"
"It is not your place to tell me what to do!" A giant ball of flames formed in front of me, heading my direction "I am the one with all the power! I'm the one who created you! I'm the one who decides your destiny! You do not have a choice!" I tired to attack her but my magic did nothing "You'll always be my little boy Rave, I made you."
  "No!" I growled swiping my hand in front of my body "I'm nothing like you!"
  I yelled in fear and pain as I felt her power flow through me. Her eyes becoming my own, no my eyes showing their true form. I flew backwards away from her.
"You wanted to protect your friends. To protect her. Keep them from knowing, but you can not deny the evil inside of you. You will bring destruction to everyone you care for, everyone you love. You'll destroy this world like mother like son."
  "No!" I yelled from the floor "Leave them out of this! Leave her out of this!"
"You can not hide from your destiny! Your friends can not stop the inevitable, they are doomed. You really want their last day to end like this, her last day? How can you stand to watch them suffer."
"Don't hurt them." I growled looking at the floor "Don't hurt her!"
"I'm not the one hurting them, you are. You know what you must do. This is your destiny!"
My eyes opened as I looked around. I looked up to see the area above me empty, they were here. I pushed through the door and headed outside, freezing at the sight. My friends being held by the fire demons as Slade held Y/N by her neck.
"Stop!" I watched as she released Y/N and the demons dropped the others "I will go with you."
"No!" I heard her voice, she stood between Slade and I "We won't let them take you! I won't!"
"You need to get back in the safely room!" I could hear Bolt cry from behind me
  "I can't hide from this any longer." I sighed before striking them all with my power, their screams filling my ears. The pain in Y/N's breaking my heart "Be safe.."
  I looked at her once more as she laid peacefully on the ground before following Slade. It was all I could do, but it would protect them all. I walked beside Slade as we reached closer to the area I fought her last.
  "The camber has been prepared for you." Slade spoke "Everything is ready for Trigon's arrival."
  "You're a fool." I spat, keeping my eyes forward "whatever she promised you, she won't deliver."
  "Dear child." She turned to look down at me "You don't know what you're talking about."
  "You think I don't know my own mother." I spoke "You're wrong."
"You're just a portal!" She argues with a growl " insignificant."
"Guess we both have that in common." I stopped as she tried to attack, her army grabbed her as she yelled to be let go "Actually you already are insignificant. Your own army won't even take orders from you. Let her go."
I headed forwards with demons close behind. As I arrived at the chambers I looked up at the eclipse, my hand gripping harder on the penny. The sound of shooting and yells filled the air from behind me. I tuned to see my friends held down my the demons.
"Stop!" I commanded "Let them go! It's already begun." I watched as my friends walked closer towards me "There is nothing that can stop it."
"You're willing to give up on everything because of a prophecy." Y/N spoke, I noticed the tears in her eyes forming "Give up on us."
"Y/N." I sighed looking down at her "I know what I know."
"I don't except that!" Robyn yelled "None of us do! You can take control, you can make it not happen!"
"I've know my whole life what I would become." I spoke with a sad sigh "I tried to control the dark side of me, do good things. Hoping it would make up for what the horrible thingsI was destined to do. I didn't know I'd make such great friends or have someone by my side, who saw past the darkness. All I wanted was to make your last day perfect, instead you spent it worrying about me
"That's what friends are for!" Y/N cried gripping my hand "That's what I'm for!"
"And as my friends you need to let me go." I pulled Y/N close, pressing my lips roughly against her's. All my love and emotions for her mustered deep inside our last kiss "I love you."
Pushing her away I created a magical barrier around them, keeping my friends away but also protecting them. Their yells of protest filled the air as I approached my spot. I looked down once more, the last thing I saw was her e/c eyes before closing mine. Crossing my legs I started to speak the incantation to bring Trigon into this world. Y/N's screams for me to stop were the last sounds I could hear.