Chapter 2 I Just Wanna Read

Y/N's pov

"Come on Y/N! Just one game please!" BG begged grasping my hand as she sat on her knees.

"Can't you ask Bolt or Cy?" I sighed looking up from my book at the pleading girl as I pulled my hand away. "Why's it have to be me?"

"Bolt is busy with Robyn getting groceries." She spoke standing up "And Cy is busy working on upgrades for the tower. Please just one game! It's all I ask!"

"Fine!" I sighed in defeat marking my page before placing my book to my side.

After leaving BG in tears from kicking her ass in super smash bros I turned back to my book. BG kept to her word and turned on some tv to watch. I had just finished chapter three of my book when Bolt and Robyn walked in with groceries.

Robyn looked towards me placing a few bags on the counter as I made eye contact "Y/N! Can you help me with dinner?"

"Sure thing." I called back before marking my place in my book. Shouldn't of looked at her! Damn it! I knew better then to argue with my leader "What we making tonight?"

"Spaghetti, meatballs, tofuballs, and garlic bread." She said pulling some of the ingredients it from the bags "Start on the noodles and sauce and I'll do the meat and tofu balls then we can start on the bread alright?"

I nodded my head before the two of us got to work as Bolt and BG gamed. I salted the water as I set it to boil before I started to cut tomatoes quickly. Sooner I'm done the sooner I can get back to reading..

I looked up heating a beep spotting Rave coming out of the elevator and headed into the kitchen. I sent him a small smile as he nodded at me before he worked on his tea.

I took notice all the burners were being used leaving nowhere for his kettle. I reached out grasping it from his hands and holding it in one of mine heating it with a small fire I created. Once it whistled I handed it back to him before I turned back to cooking.

After dinner I settled down to start reading I had only gotten through two pages when Cy called for me to help with some tower upgrades.

Once I finished I sat down again and started to read. Finally.. I had just reached the good part of my story when Bolt flew over to me with puppy dog eyes asking me to help him bake cookies. It turned into me making them after having to start over when he added mustard and some spices into the dough..

I gave my best friend a hug before handing him his cookies an hour later. Letting out a sigh I reached for my book once more.

I made my way to the roof after grabbing a few candles and some snacks. The roof is the only place I can think of that they won't bug me from..

I had finished three chapters when I heard someone walking in my direction, damn it! I sighed softly once I noticed it was Rave with his own book. I let my shoulder relax as he sat next to me. The two of us sat in a peaceful silence each enjoying our own stories.

"Thank you..." He spoke after a few minutes. I turned to him in confusion as the candle light hit his face softly "For helping with the tea."

I felt a small smile form as the two of us continued reading for another hour. Finally some peace!