=THIRTY-NINE=

Yoongi.

I didn't know what washed over me, but it was exhausting. The thing I knew after leaping into the air, was that I stood over the body of a lifeless Jaesang. I looked around and saw the tails of the last rogues vanishing in the forest, but what made me worry the most is the way everyone looked at me.

They looked at me in awe, nobody said anything, you could only hear breathing. Jungkook was the first one to break the silence.

"Yoongi... What on earth was that??" He whisper-shouted, but even the birds stopped chirping, so everyone heard him.

"I... I don't know..." I answered, still shocked that I killed someone. A loud howl ripped through the air, and we turned to look at Sanghee nudging another Wolf's head with her snout.

Hoshi immediately came dashing out of the main house towards her, and I couldn't help but step closer. Then I noticed the now faint scent. Chinhae. Oh my god.

"No..." I whispered. I didn't get to know him well, and at first, he was a dick to me, but he was still something like a father in law. If Chinhae is dead... Does that mean that Taehyung...?

Then it hit me. "Taehyung!!" I shouted frantically looking around and scanning the probably dead bodies.

I just saw Hoshi shaking his head and Sanghee collapsing over her dead husband's body. I closed my eyes and tried to feel Taehyungs presence. At first, it wasn't there, but then I noticed it, but it was very weak.

"HOBI!!" Jimin's voice boomed and I saw him lying there, motionless. I jogged towards Hoseok, seeing Jimin hunched over him. I saw his fur slightly moving, signaling that he was still breathing. Namjoon and Jimin carefully lifted the enormous wolf and transported him towards the main house.

I was frozen, I couldn't move. All of this is my fault. They died protecting me.

"YOONGI!" Jungkook pulled me back to reality. He crouched beside a pile of dark brown fur, which I immediately noticed was Taehyungs.

I sprinted there, falling on my knees beside him. "Tae..." I whispered, touching his head. He let out a breath, his eyes were strained and dull. "No no no" I whispered and tried to shift him into a more comfortable position. Jungkook yelling out Hoshi's name repeatedly didn't phase me, I just stroked his fur.

'Yoongi... I love you' his voice resonated, strained and weak. Only now I noticed the tears streaming down my face like waterfalls. "You can't die Tae. We have so much more to do, I want to show you all my love, you can't leave now, I haven't even begun!" I said while my voice was breaking.

'I know. It's not my time.' He panted and lay still for a moment. Even more panic and fear arose from within me, everyone besides Hoseok was now standing around Taehyung, faces etched with pure fear.

Then he lifted himself, shaky and weak, but he eventually stood on four limbs again. 'I am a Solari. And I will NOT falter because of some rogues' his voice sounded again, fierce this time.

He took a deep breath and let out a victorious howl, one that made you have goosebumps and shiver because you're in awe. Soon enough, everyone shifted and joined into the victorious howling, even Jungkook tried his best by letting out a stretched and loud 'yeah'.