Chapter 5

I got home after agreeing with Liam to go to the cabin. I closed the door behind me and noticed I was alone. I thought this was a good time to pack and get ready before he came home.

I grabbed my suitcase from the top of my cupboard and grabbed several pairs of shorts and T-Shirts. I placed in some ripped jeans and a white singlet and my floral doc martens before grabbing the rest of my toiletries and clothes.

I heard the front door shut and I quickly pushed the bag under the bed and walked down the stairs. "Hi. How was work?" I fake smile. He just groans and goes to the fridge. "What did you do today?" He moaned through a biscuit."Nothing yet, I'm just about to go see Claudia." I say fondling with my nails.

"Alright don't be back late cause I'm getting hungry." he says pulling himself down to let me kiss his cheek. I pecked it softly and walked out towards her house.

"Hey come in!" She greeted largely. I walked in and placed myself on the small couch and waited as she brought tea in.

"So what's up?" She smiled but something was up. She was too giddy and too smiley. The type of happy that seemed so fake.

"Um.. Well Liam invited me to go to his cabin with his friends tomorrow for a few days." I explained. She nodded and placed her tea down.

"What about Mark..?" She questioned.

I sat in silence for a minute before answering.

"What about him? He doesn't have to know and anyway who said I was coming back?" I spit. She clears her throat and nods.

"I guess you'll be safe but what about me? I mean I'm your best friend doesn't that mean something..?" She choked. I say nothing and just look down at my palms. "Claudia it does mean something but I don't want to be anywhere near someone who is going to hurt me. Liam decided to help me get a brighter future by introducing me to some new people." I finish my tea and slump back in the lounge.

"I guess I'll see you around soon then." She smiles letting me out.

"Yeah." I smile and lean in and hug her. I let go quickly and trotted back down to the house. I rushed to the kitchen and started on dinner before he could notice how long I was gone for.

I placed the bowl of pasta infront of him and looked down at the food realizing I hadn't aten since the other night. I had noticed that I could see my ribs better now and that I slid into my jeans a lot easier.

Hopping into the shower, washing my hair and letting the warm water soak my skin. I placed on my pyjamas and hopped into bed letting sleep over come me.

******

I rolled over feeling the empty side next to me and smiled.

"I'll never see him again. Well hopefully he doesn't find me." I thought.

I made the bed neatly and placed on shorts, a woolen jumper and my floral Doc Martens and grabbed my bag out from underneath the bed. I decided to eat something as I felt a tad bit light headed before I left for Liam's. I brushed my hair back and placed on light makeup, I stared back at my reflection.

The bruises had almost all gone but there was still a pale purple tinge to my left cheek. I slid my jumper and ran my hand down small scar on my hip.

"Hey sweetie how was work?" I smile as Mark enters the door and I walk over to kiss him. "Shit." he mumbles and throws his shoes in the corner of the house. I slide a sandwich over to him and a beer and watch him eat it in silence. 

"What the fuck do you call this?" He growled through a mouth full of food. I sat up and gave a worried look. "What? Did I make it wrong..?" I wondered. he lifted the sandwich up and threw it in the bin slamming the plate down smashing it. "I can make another one. It'll take a minute." I smile slightly being afraid. He brings his hand up and slaps me hard across the face. I stumble back and let the tears that have welled up in my eyes fall.

He lifts the sharp shards of the plate up and throws it at me landing in my hip. I fall to the floor and scream out in pain.

I had to get 7 stitches for that, and that's when everything started I guess. i pushed the thought to the back of my head and left the house making sure I hadn't left anything behind. I knocked on Liam's door and he smiled brightly as I walked in.

"How are you?" He smiles embracing me in a tight hug.

"I'm okay, a lot better now that I'm out of that house." I smile and place the kettle on. The door opens giving me a fright and several other people rush in.

"Oh you must be Tahlia! I'm Eleanor and you've met Louis probably." She smiled and hugged me close. She was stunning and god was I jealous. I smiled and introduced myself back.

Before you knew it 3 more boys and a beautiful girl had walked right in laughing and screaming.

"Tahlia this is Zayn, Harry and Niall oh and the lovely Perrie." He said pointing to each one of them. 

"Hi." I smile as they engulf me in a hug, I was surprised as to why they had hugged me till Niall spoke up.

"We will never let anything happen to you again." He assured me. I smiled and just nodded, I for some reason had never felt more safe and appreciated in my life. This will be fun and hopefully I wont have someone ruin it for me this time!

"Right lets place everything in the car and grab some food then we can go?" Liam suggested. We all agreed and did what we were told. Niall ushered me to the kitchen with him making me grab all the snacks we could find. "Doritos? Pringles?" I asked grabbing them down.

"Yes! Bring everything!" He screeched making me laugh. We ended up with 3 bags full of food, chips, chocolate, drinks etc. The ride was supposed to be about 8 hours long so we should get their by just sund down. "Everyone in the car! We are leaving now!" Zayn hollered pushing everyone out making Harry groan in annoyance.

We sit in the car and place on Lana Del Rey singing loudly for the next few hours.