Chapter 3

Chapter 3 Tahlia’s POV:

The sun peered through the bathroom window as I slowly and painfully hopped in the bath. The water scolded my bruises and cuts making me wince in pain. I held my knees to my chest as the water settled on my skin. I gently rubbed soap across me, the cuts oozed a little with making the water a light pale pink colour. I sobbed quietly as the pain throbbed over my body.

I dried my body off and placed on a loose jumper and faded jeans. Looking at myself in the mirror I felt nothing but disgust and hate not only against Mark but also against myself for letting him get to me and for not standing up for myself. I reached for the cabinet and searched through it till I could find it. I pulled the cap off and stood over the sink and pierced my skin with my fresh blade. I slit several cuts on my left wrist and throw the blade into the sink letting the water run down the blood riddened cuts.

I sat by the sink dabbing the skin with a cloth for about 30 minutes till the front door slammed shut making me jump in fear. I quickly cover my wrists with my jumper and place everything away. The bathroom door swings open and he stands leaning on the doorway. “What are you doing?” He asks scanning me with his eyes. I clear my throat and shake my head, “Oh nothing, just using the bathroom.” I smile and gently push past him and walk down the stairs. “We need more beer and milk. So go get some okay?” He says slamming himself into the lounge chair. “Sure.” I say leaving the house.

I slam the door and notice a sharp pain in my wrist. I wince in pain and see a blood stain pour through my jumper sleeve. I sigh and continue out of the front garden. I see a person shut Liam’s house door behind him. We make eye contact and he gives me a comforting nod as I stroll past.

“Don’t let him hurt you Tahlia.” I turn around and look as I recognized who it was.  

“Excuse me?” I question.

He sighs and rubs the back of his neck. “Get away yeah? Don’t let him drive you to that again.” He says pointing down at my blood soaked sleeve. I watch as he drives away but my attention quickly turns to the front door of Liam’s house.

I storm up to the house and knock loudly. I tap my foot in impatience whilst waiting for him to answer. I jump in surprise as a smiley boy opens up the door. His smile lowers as he notices who it is. “What have you been saying to your friend? Louis is it?” I say angrily. He sighs and opens the door more letting me inside. I slide inside looking at such expensive furniture. I sit down on the lounge and continue. “What do you know Liam?!” I shout.

 He stares intensively at me for a second before he decided to talk.  “I know everything. I know that Mark treats you like shit and that you let him get away with it. I know that you deserve someone who would treat you with nothing but respect and care. You deserve to be loved like there’s no tomorrow.” He finished taking a deep breathe.

I sat there letting everything soak in before I lent in and smashed our lips together. It was like my first kiss over again. It was nothing like Mark and I have had, this was special but it wasn’t right. I pulled away quickly and stood up rushing for the door. “I’m sorry I have to go.” I say running out the door. I didn’t stop running till I reached the corner store. I leant my hands on my knees as I caught my breath before I went inside. I grabbed 2 cartons of beer and a carton of milk then paying. I walked back home rushing past his house and shuffling inside.

Luckily Mark went out that night and left me home so I had a night to myself which included not being frightened or hurt. I sat by the TV and watched Friends for the night before falling to a peaceful sleep.