Chapter 2

Liam POV:

She walked back sadly and I smiled at her.

“No sorry we can’t, thanks anyway.” She slammed the door in my face leaving me shocked and a little but upset. I rubbed the back of my neck and trudged back home to the boys.

“She not coming?” Niall asked from the fridge cracking open a beer. I shook my head and slumped my shoulders over and sighed. “Oh well. They probably have something to do mate.” Louis chimed wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I just shrugged him off and tended to the kitchen where Harry and Zayn were cooking.

“What are we having?” I ask sniffing the pot. Harry swats me away and pushes in front. “Chicken pie.” He answered and continued on focusing.

We sat down and ate when Harry called us, but I wasn’t hungry. I couldn’t get her off my mind but why? We finished up and the boys kept swapping looks to each other. “What’s wrong mate?” Zayn asked looking over at me. “Is it still about Tahlia?” Niall joined in. “Yeah, but I don’t know she just looked so sad and It made me worried.” I say drifting off at the end. They all just shrugged and turned to the dishes before leaving.

"We'll see you later, don't worry about her. She has a boyfriend so they probably want to be alone that's all." Louis winked and I chucked to myself. They all left and it was about 11:30pm. I rubbed my eyes realizing how tired I was and trudged up the stairs and into the shower.

Letting the hot water burn my skin I could see flashes off her sad face slam the door in my face. I dried off and walked over to my room and opened the window letting the breeze roll in.

I looked over at the next house and saw a dark figure standing over someone. I focused my vision and my eyes widened and my jaw dropped when I realized what was happening. Was Mark beating her? I kept watch as he kicked her in the side and walked over her not having a care in the world and leaving her to cry on the bedroom floor. I could hear his tyres streak away and hear soft whimpers coming from the house. “Tahlia!” I whispered loudly. Everything went silent after that and nothing moved or made a sound.

I lied down on my bed but leaving the window open and hoped that she would hear me.

I gasped awake from a dream; well at least I hope it was a dream. I looked over at the house and everything was exactly the same. Quiet. I changed clothes and sprung out the door and ending up at her house. I stood in front of the door for a few minutes before I knocked. Waiting, waiting. Finally the door flew open and I was faced with a rough looking, Mark.

“Oh, hey Mark.” I smiled awkwardly holding in my anger. He just looked at me oddly up and down and grinned. “Alright mate. What’s up?” He acted as if nothing went wrong. “I was just wondering why you couldn’t of come over?” I shrugged and rubbed the back of my neck. I saw a brow raise and a smirk spread across his face. “You know don’t you?” He chuckled under his breath. My mouth gaped open and I quickly shut it and straightened up. “I don’t know what you’re talking about?” I covered up. He nods his head and looks over me. “Well, we were busy and I hope you don’t mind but we still are.” He says before closing the door on me.

“What is with everyone and closing the door on me?” I thought to myself.

I looked up at the window above me and saw a head but it quickly popped back inside. I shook my head in disappointment at my self for not helping or noticing for years.

I paced back and forth till the doorbell rung. I opened it and pulled Louis in. “Wow! Calm down! Tell me what’s wrong?” He questioned. “It’s Tahlia.” He grinned and nudged me in the rub. “What you get some of that?” He winked. I gave an annoyed look and slapped the top of his head.

“He-“ “Don’t say that!” I cut him off. “You have to promise me that you wont tell anyone else this information okay?” I begged. He just nods and tells me to continue. “Well when you all left last night I looked over at the house and saw Mark… hurt her.” I quiver. He stands shocked at what I had just told him and rubs his face in his hands. “Have you seen her today?” He asks. I shake my head and plop down on the couch. “I don’t know what to do... I can’t get the picture out of my head.”