Chapter 18

Wow, omg I'm so sorry I left it for so long but I've been under some real stress at school so I have had barely anytime to write or get any Ideas. So I'm sorry about the wait and I hope this is enough to keep you tied over till the next part. The song for this chapter is Miserable at Best - Mayday Parade :) ❤

~~~~

The nod from my mother made me sink even more into my chair.

As my mother, she should've known something was up with me. I couldn't tell her, but I just wanted to know someone truly cared. "Are you sure? Your cheek is really red." My mother pressed her palm to my cheek, making me flinch away a bit.

'Yeah, she's fine. Like she said, just a hot flush. That's all." Mark spoke up, eyeballing me harshly.

"Exactly." I placed on a smile and kept picking at my food.

"Help me with the dishes darling." My mum said, rising from her chair to grab my fathers plate. I mirrored her actions and grabbed Marks plate, shuffling to the kitchen.

I grabbed a tea towel and began drying the dishes as my mother washed them. "Does he hit you?"

What do I say?

Yes because I deserve it?

"What makes you think that?" I ask abruptly. I didn't make eyecontact, I didn't want her to see my sadness."You don't think I know these things? I'm not dumb Tahlia." she sighed, slamming her plate down.

"Can you keep it down?" I grit my teeth, flicking my eyes back to the dining table to see my father and Mark laughing with eachother.

My mothers face softened, to a sad, sympathetic look. "All I'm going to say is, if you leave him he will find you and hurt you worse than now. You're better of staying with him and working your way through it." Her words stung worse than any slap across my face.

I stared in disbelief at my mother. The one I trusted more than anything in my whole life, wants me to stay in a dangerous environment than to be in a safe one.

"So you want me to stay with him and get hurt more and more each day till the day I die?"

"I never said that."

"Bull shit!" I slammed my fist down, I walked out towards my father and the man I once truly loved. "I'm not feeling well, do you mind if we go home?" I spoke softly to Mark. He nodded and got up to kiss my cheek.

"Of course not. Thank you for the wonderful dinner" He thanked them, it made me sick how he could just be so hurtful and venomous one minute and the next, the sweetest, most beautifulest thing. 

He took my hand, and pulled me along gently to the car, opening my door and closing it. I was scared.

"I'm going to watch the football." He mumbled to me as he slammed the front door shut. "Okay, do you want anything?" I asked fiddling with my hands.

"Yeah sure, can you get me a beer?"

Why was he being so nice?

I smiled and walked over to the fridge, popping off the cap from the beer and bringing it to the lounge room.

"Well I'm tired and I just feel sick so I'm just going to hop into bed, good night" I smiled softly before pecking his lips and making my way upstairs.

Quietly closing the door, I paced over to the bathroom and shuffled through my cupboard. The sight of the blood made me sick but I placed it over my wrist and placed a few cuts.

I stared at myself in the reflection and let the tears fall freely down my face.

I could never have nice things. My life wasn't made up of nice things, it was full of misery and sadness.

I placed my wrist under the sink and washed the blood away before dragging myself over to my bed.

I wanted nothing more than to die right now.