Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – Tahlia’s POV:

I stretched out in the warm cosy sheets as I heard a BANG erupt through the house. I sprung up placing on jeans and a white shirt and carefully and quietly reached to the bottom of the stairs. “Are you okay?” I whisper to him watching as he slams the fridge shut. He turns around and stares at me disgustingly. “Fine, but you could clean yourself up a bit, make yourself look a bit on the attractive side.” He spat. I shuddered in sadness and slumped up the stairs. “Put on a dress or something short we’ve got company tonight!” he shouted from the lounge.

I spent at least 15 minutes searching through my cupboard till I found a black mid length dress and some heels. I placed on light makeup that just covered my cuts and now blue bruises. I brushed through my blonde locks and ran down to make dinner as I finished. The  bell rang and 3 broad shouldered men walked in and greeted me.

 “Hey I’m Bryce.” A man with brown dreadlocks introduced. I smiled at him as the next man greeted himself. “Jordan.” He nodded and placed himself on the couch opening a can of beer. I placed the dinner down on the table, chicken burgers with salad. “Sit. Eat with us.” Bryce offered and smiled. I looked over at Mark for permission and he just nods at the seat next to Bryce. I sit down and grab some salad and sit in silence as they all joke and make stupid remarks on the food.

I cleaned up and raced up the stairs before being called back down again. “Nice meeting you Tahlia.” Bryce smiled. I smiled back and said goodbye as they left the house. I started to trail back up the stairs before being pulled down. I stumbled to the floor and quickly brushed myself off getting back up. “Like flirting don’t you?” He spat breathing alcohol on me. “I wasn’t I promise!” I defend. He just scoffs at my reply and pushes me up the stairs.

We reach the bedroom and he throws me across the bed tearing my dress as he goes. I lay trying to cover my self up as I feel all my clothes be torn off of me. I scream out as the tears fall down my cheeks. He flips me over as I feel a sharp pain in my lower stomach as I sob in silence as the pain continues till he finally stops and leaves me to cower on the bed. I wrap the blanket around my naked body and shake myself to sleep .

******

I sat up in the bed slowly as a shriek of pain shot through my lower half of my body.

The water in the bathtub turned a darker shade of red this time as I soaked myself. Getting out I placed on sweatpants and a white singlet, I crept down stairs looking around to see if he was here but luckily the coast was clear. I left the house but somehow ended up at the next house, Liam’s.

I knocked on the door and he opened it straight away. “Hi.” I half smiled. He smiled wide and let me in. I sat down on the couch again and he sat with me. “Are you okay?” he barely whispered. I looked down at my fingers and started to pick at them. “No…” I answered and I could feel the tears welling up but I push them back. “What did he do?” He asked pulling my face up gently with his finger. “Everything.” I sighed. “He beat me, he…raped me.” I finished with a lump in my throat. He gasped loudly and I felt two strong arms wrap around me.

At first I shutter away but I lean in and cuddle him back. It felt nice to feel safe in someone’s arms for once. He lifted my arm up and ran his fingers over my cuts and lent down and kissed them.

“Leave him.” He says. I look up at him and shrug.

“It’s not that easy. He would find me and then he would hurt me all over again.” I assure.

“Then come stay with me and my friends. We have a cabin and I could introduce you to everyone and he would never find you.” He exclaimed. I sat letting everything he just said soak in before I answered. “As friends? I could really use a friend right now.” I smile and he nods with a large grin.