Chapter 12

Greyson was up on the oak tree which is leaning on our house. Its branches are basically lying by the window of my room.

I stood at my place where I was trying to make some scribbles by my sketch pad. As I walk towards the window, he waved at me and I smiled at him. He was carrying a basket and a weird-looking flower. I opened my window and let him come inside my room. If my grandfather sees him here with me, alone, in my room, he will kill me.

He stooped a bit lower to get his head in my window and I took his basket so he could come in more comfortably. He jumped into my wooden floor and shook off his camo pants.

"What brought you here, mister?" I said, trying to look mean and rude. But I'm not a good actress so basically, I failed at that.

"You're trying to look fierce and angry but you let me in to your room. Hmm?" He said suspiciously and I giggled at that. "Gotcha!" He teased.

"I'm just really nice to people that I don't like," I joked. "I'm still mad at you for cancelling our day out," I said while crossing my arms and raising my left eyebrow.

"I'm really sorry, Ashley," he said. Both of us just stood by my window, getting hit by the intense heat and ray of the sun. I looked down the floor and I can feel that he's looking at me, waiting for an answer.

I let out a sigh and said, "It's okay, Greyson. I'm not really mad at you. Well, maybe a bit irritated." I scratched my head since I'm feeling a bit gauche about all these.

Greyson put both of his hands on to my shoulders and I looked up to him. My eyes hit straight into his which took me into another world. "What should I do to make it up to you?" He asked, trying to give his cutest puppy eyes.

I pursed my lips, trying to fight back the red blush that's building up on my warm cheeks. "I don't know. Can you stroll with me around the winery? It'll make me so happy if you agree to that!" I cheered.

"Of course! It will be my pleasure to go around with you. You know, I've always wanted to explore the Vaughan's hacienda. Everyone says that it's like Texas here," he said as he burst out a little laugh.

"Hmm I don't know. I still haven't traveled around here also since I don't have anyone to be with. But now you're here, I'm quite excited about it," I said.

"Oh really? Hmm, shall we go now?" He asked and I gave out a nod.

Before I can talk, he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the window. "We're not gonna use my door?" I asked.

"Your family will see me. I thought you're grandfather will kill you if he sees a guy in this house without any permission?" he explained.

"Oh silly you. Come on, let's take the stairs. And I think my cousin, Clio, wants to meet you," I said.

Without letting go of my hand, both of us went downstairs. And when we reached the living room, I finally let go of his palm. We found grandma knitting some sweaters and grandpa is not there. I found Clio by the telephone. I'm guessing that she's talking to Hayley since she's blabbing way too much.

When both of them saw us, they were both startled; probably wondering how Greyson came in to the house. He waved at both of them. "Oh why hello there, Greyson," grandma bid.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Vaughan! Well you're probably wondering how I got here but basically, I climbed into your oak tree and sneaked in to Ashley's room. I give all my apologies for barging in," he said while giving out a shy smile. And that made me giggle. My eyes went to Clio and she was mouthing me some words that I can't understand. I have to admit, I'm a bad lip reader.