Chapter 9

"Ashley, goodbye. I'm sorry for everything I've done. Mommy's going with Him now. I love you."

     These words were all I heard behind my mind. Thank goodness, it was just a dream. 

The morning came and rays of the sun started peaking by my bed. I looked at my clock and it was 6:58AM. I rapidly blinked my eyes to ease drowsiness. I slowly lifted up my head and back to fix this messy room. I just realized that all my canvases, paintings, brushes, sketchbooks and pencils are all over the place. I stood up to fix my disastrous bed. Consequently, I picked up my materials and put it on my beige treasure chest. When I opened my wardrobe, it was a complete haywire and topsy-turvy. I released the scruffy clothes and started ironing it. I have to remind myself that Mary and Linda aren't here so I need to do chores. Next I did was to wash my smudgy clothes. I really don't know how to do this but whatever. I just put the white-colored and colored separately inside the washing machine. Is that enough?

     "I see you've been working hard lately," grandma praised while helping me.

     "Well, I have to. I'm not that spoiled brat anymore," I said with all my confidence. I know that I'm already growing up that's why I need to know and learn these kind of tasks.

     She rubbed my shoulders and said, "Keep it up, Tamia," and I replied with a smile.

     After that, I went by the backyard to hang my wet clothes and let it dry under the heat of the sun. While doing the work, euphonies just came out of my mouth. 

     ♪♫ "We lie beneath the stars at night, our hands gripping each other tight" ♪♫

**

     The afternoon came and it was extremely hot. I was asking for rain to at least, lessen the sultryness. So I decided to pull out my bicycle from the garage to stroll around the place for some fresh and cool air. Being a person who loves nature, I enjoyed spending my leisure time being with His creations. 

     I was just wandering around when I saw Chase sleeping under a tree. It's weird because I usually see him working and working around the winery. I usually see Chase as guy who's sweaty, carrying crates of grapes, holding a bucket of cow milk or trays of chicken eggs but now, he looks so innocent and...handsome.

     I tiptoed towards him. I was staring at him, got lost by his angelic face. Then I looked back to where I'm going because he might caught me.

     Then he grabbed my arms and pulled me a bit closer to him. It startled me. 

     I hit him playfully and said, "I thought you were asleep!"

     "You woke me up. You kept on walking by the crispy leaves. How am I supposed to stay asleep?" he defended. I tried to escape from his grip but eventually, failed.

     "Whatever, Chase," I said grumpily in a joke manner.

     "And you were staring at me. How am I supposed to sleep with that? It bothered me," he added.

     "So you weren't asleep? How did you know that I was looking at you?" I said with a clever tone.

     "So it's true that you were staring at me?" he answered back. I laid my back on the rough skin of the tree beside him.

     Bam.

     "Uhhhh," I don't know what to say. "No, there were uhmmm squirrels around you. I was just trying to shoo them away," I said. What a lame excuse. Great, Tamia.

     He started bursting into laughter which made me curious about what's on his mind. What's so funny? I know that my excuse is lame but it's not that funny.