Chapter 4

T A M I A ' S  P O V

     It's Tuesday and I decided to just spend my last day here in Manchester with Paris. I will miss her a lot. She's like my only true friend in Manchester Academy. I guess it's adios for the both of us. 

     Every summer Paris and I's parents would enroll us to ballet, fencing and French classes. But above all those, painting has always been my favorite hobby. I even have my own room for my artworks, materials etc. One time, my mom showed the paintings to her employees and they were interested to it. So I decided to sell some. And I use the money for new art materials and canvas. 

     But most of the time, I paint about my feelings. That's how I let everything out. Through artwork. 

     I and Paris spent the day by going to the skating rink. Then we grabbed ice cream to ease the hot weather. I'll surely miss this weirdo!

     That night, I slept with a smile on my face. Thanks to my bestfriend, Paris Skym.

     It's Wednesday. It's time to fly off to Edmond. So the plan is that me and my mom will fly there, then mom will sleep at grandma's for a night then she'll fly to Florida on the next day. 

     Nicolas already got my luggages and he put it at the back of the car. Dad won't drive us to the airport because of business stuffs. 

     I already went inside the car. I grabbed my iPhone in my handbag to say my last goodbyes to Paris. I'll surely miss that gal. 

     I dialed her number and in a jippy, she already picked her phone.

     "Hey Paris. I'm off to the airport now. I will miss you tons!"

     There was silence. Then I heard sobs. 

     "I'm gonna miss you, Tamia! I wish you didn't have to move."

     "If only I could stay, I would. Take care always, alright?" 

     "I will. Don't forget about me, okay?"

     "Of course, I won't. And I'll try to convince my mom to let me visit here sometimes. I promise!"

     "Alright, alright. You go now. Call me when you get there!"

     "Okay, bye Paris!"

     After that, she already hung up. The moment I kept my phone, I saw my mom walking to the porch. She has Linda and Mary at her back, pulling 4 luggages. Ooohh, that's why. 

     "What took you so long, mom? We're gonna be late!" I shouted.

     "I can't find my phone a while ago, okay" she answered. I just glared at her.

     After a minute or two, all her bags are already in the car. I already bid my goodbyes to Linda and Mary. I also texted my dad and other friends. Oh and also Xander. 

   At around 3 in the afternoon, we already arrived at the airport. Our flight will be at 3:30...not sure. When it was time to leave, my mom and I went off to the departure lounge and rode the plane. The flight is around 10-11 hours and I think it's a perfect timing to sleep.

**

     I woke up when the plane landed off. Touch down to Edmond! I looked at my watch and it's already 1 in the morning. But when I looked at the clock in the airport, it's only 7 in the evening. 6 hours difference? Timezones make everything so complicated, really.

     We took a cab from the airport to my grandparents' house. We entered this large gate and there were a lot of trees tickling each other from above. There's also a large scape of grapevines. Well basically, this is a winery. My mom told me that this has been here since 1930s or something. It's been Vaughan (my middle name, lol) clan's business since forever.